|| prologue ||

May 5, 2018

10 : 49 PM

"Faulkerson!" Walter James, the Editor in Chef of GQ London fights his way among the crowd that gathered around the man of the hour. "Congratulations, mate!"

The man of the hour, Richard Faulkerson Jr. a tall young man with dimples on his left cheek, charming smile with a pint of beer in one hand talking to several girls that are vying for his attention, he may as well pass as a model for their magazine but he chooses to work behind the camera. He looks up and grins at his boss, who proudly taps his shoulder. "Thank you, boss!"

"You deserve it! You've been working hard this past few months and I'm really proud of ya, mate!" Walter James has become one of his closest friends since he started working as a graphic designer in the magazine. Now, he has just been promoted as the new art director of GQ magazine and that is the reason why they are celebrating in the pub near his workplace.

More congratulations come his way all night, he tries to mingle with every single one of his guests that night but as a known ladies man, he spends most of his time talking and flirting with the ladies. It isn't new to the people who really know him. Because Richard Faulkerson Jr. is simply a chick magnet.

At around eleven o'clock, his brother Robert and his wife Sam approach him to say goodbye. "Bro, the night is young! Stay for a little more!" He tries to make them stay but his brother can only shake his head.

"Sorry, Richard. We promised our kids we will be home as early as possible and eleven is already late for them and it will take us roughly thirty minutes travel time." His brother looks at his watch and makes a face.

"Boo, your life is boring!" Richard replies with a chuckle.

"Someday, when you have a family of your own you will understand that sacrifices have to be made and one of them is this," Robert tells him, his voice is serious and then Robert hugs his younger brother. "But congratulations on the promotion, brother! I'm really proud of you, I know mom and dad will be proud of you too,"

Richard makes a face at him, trying to prevent himself from shedding a tear by the mere mention of their late parents.

Sam smiles at him and pat his back, giving him a quick peek on the cheek. "Congratulations,"

"Thank you guys for coming, and kiss Henry and Ellie for me and I will try to visit you guys this month,"

"Please do, Richard. Henry keeps asking when are you coming down to visit,"

"Tell him soon, you guys have a good night and drive safely, brother!" He waves them goodbye before another girl with legs that seem to go on forever steals his attention. His brother winks at him before exiting the pub.

Little did he know that it was going to be the last time he will ever see his brother and sister-in-law alive.

❤️❤️❤️

Hey.
The story is set in London so our Maine and Alden will be using British words so every chapter I will be putting on some meanings for those of you who don't get some British words.

Pub - is a bar, but British people prefer to call it "pub", short for "public place".