|| ten ||

May 18 2016

7:00 am

Maine wakes up on rainy Sunday morning, finding Phil's sleeping figure next to her. She doesn't look at him, instead she stares at the white ceiling and tries to organize her thoughts.

Last night when Phil covered her skin with his kisses, her mind wandered back to how it felt when Richard kissed her forehead before she got in the taxi. When Phil was making love to her, she wasn't totally focus on her partner and instead she was wishing that she was back at the Faulkerson cause she felt more comfortable there than in the arms of her boyfriend of three years.

She is so confused, how did it come to this? She turns to look at Phil and examines his sleeping face. They have been together for three years and yet the direction of their relationship seems to be a blur. She can't deny that Phil is very good looking man and she felt the luckiest girl back in college to be his girlfriend, dozens of girls fancied him for his good looks and sporty physique and he was also charming and nice but lately, she feels that she no longer thinks he's the same Phil she met in College and even her feelings for him seems questionable now.

It wasn't just Phil's good looks that she fell hard for him but because he had a kind heart as well, they were best friends for a year before they became a couple. But back to the present, she just can't seem to understand why when she stares at him, she feels nothing. The butterflies she used to feel in her stomach every morning when she wakes up next to him, they're gone. Maine has realized she hasn't felt that months.

Maine quickly gets out of the bed so she can cook breakfast for her and Phil. It's Sunday and she normally goes to church after breakfast. She reaches for her phone in her bag, which she had left in the living room the night before, and feels bad that she had forgotten to let Richard know that she got home safe last night.

Indeed, she received several text messages from him.

Smiling, she texts him back saying good morning and if he needs any help he can always count on her

Smiling, she texts him back saying good morning and if he needs any help he can always count on her. Whistling a happy tune, she goes to the kitchen to start making breakfast.

A few minutes later, she feels Phil appear behind her and he wraps his arms around her waist and kisses her cheek, greeting her good morning. "Morning, babe." He smiles,

She turns to him and gives him a half smile, "Morning,"

"Hmm, smells good." he buries his face on her neck and starts to kiss, Maine tries to push him away.

"I'm trying to cook, Phil," she simply tells him, Phil just stares at her then gives up and then goes over to the refridgerator to get himself a glass of water.

Soon, they have their breakfast facing each other in their tiny dining table that is only good for four. Maine realizes that their apartment feels so big yet so empty, all the furniture can only accomodate two people.