|| three ||

May 15 2016

5.30 PM

It happened again, their guardian has forgotten to pick them up once again, he has forgotten to give Henry his packed lunch; he has forgotten to iron the poor kid's uniform- Hell, Maine is convinced that he's wearing the same uniform he wore the other day. And Maine is seething.

So she angrily dials this Richard Faulkerson Jr's number and impatiently waits for him to answer.

She will give the man a piece of her mind, just he wait!

One hand holding Ellie in her arms, the other on the phone. Ellie has been extra clingy with her all afternoon, she seems so attached to Maine that Maine cannot do anything but to hold her before she starts to cry again. Henry, on the other hand, opts to be alone in a corner.

After seven rings, the caller finally answers.

"Mr Faulkerson, may I remind you that there are two toddlers that are under your care and yet you've forgotten to pick them up again," she starts, angrily.

"Yeah, yeah. Five minutes, I'll be there." And then he hangs up and Maine can only look the phone, and shakes her head in disbelief.

She starts to turn off the electronics and some parts of the room. She places Ellie with Henry so she can prepare her things as well as Ellie's baby bag and Henry's empty school bag.

"Hey Henry, your uncle's coming to pick you up in a few minutes, could you be a dear and help me clean this up?" She says sweetly, Henry just nods and does what he's been told. Maine kneels down in front of him, fixes his uniform and smiles lovingly. "Thank you, Darling!" Henry's smile widens for the first time.

"Miss Maine, I have a gift for you," he says,

Maine looks surprise as Henry takes out a folded piece of paper and shyly hands it to his teacher. "What is this?"

"I drew it for you," He says, looking at the ground and his chubby cheeks so ready that Maine is tempted to pinch them.

"Aww, thank you Henry! I will keep this," She grins, opening the folded paper to find that Henry has drawn a few colorful flowers. "Can I have a hug?" She asks, Henry nods and moves his body to be enveloped by his favorite teacher.

Someone clears his throat behind them so Maine turns over, her eyes are very much surprised to see a very attractive guy. He stands tall in his office attire: a light yellow button up shirt under a blue blazer, he looks so clean and smells enticing too! Maine stands up but finds that he is much taller than her but she has her chin up, she will never allow this guy to intimidate her.

"You must be Richard Faulkerson Jr, their guardian." She says, her voice firm.

He stares down at her, "Yes,"

"Well, sir. What you're doing to these kids are very unacceptable,"

He raises his eyebrows at her, "Excuse me?"

Putting her hands on her hips, she glares at him. "As their guardian, you're doing a crappy job, Mister!" Her face is turning red when he looks at her with his face crunched up in total confusion. "Henry goes to class without a packed lunch, do you expect him to not eat at all? Gosh! And Ellie! Ellie comes here without her milk bottles or any extra diapers and you come here very late in picking them up! If you keep doing this, Mr Faulkerson, this is child neglect and I'll make sure social workers will come and get them off you if tomorrow Henry comes into school without a packed lunch!" She has let off the steam that she's been trying to contain the whole day.

She does not expect that the kids' uncle could be this gorgeous but she is more angry instead of feeling intimidated by him.

The kids' guardian stares at her in utter annoyance. "Well, Miss Whatever-Your-Name-Is I would like you know I didn't sign up for this!" He is almost shouting, one thing he hates the most is being told that he is doing it all wrong.