Bad news

"Your not being serious right?" I asked. They were not doing this to me. This could not happen. Everything was just perfect in my life at that point and they had to drop that massive bombshell on my life. "I'm sorry honey but its just not working out" my Mum said trying to place her hand on my shoulder to comfort me "Don't touch me" I spat. I pushed past my sad excuses for parents as I ran upstairs and slammed my door. A divorce, they were getting a divorce? It didn't make sense I mean yeah they had their disagreements from time to time but so did any couple didn't they? I grabbed my photo album from under my bed and looked at the smiling faces from our last holiday. we were so happy then, I was younger so I didn't care about my appearance much. It was simpler back then. much simpler. I sighed looking down at the smaller, happier version of me and began to cry. My life was what you would have called 'perfect'. My parents were 'in love', I had great friends, good grades and a nice house. Was being the key word in that sentence.

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up mid afternoon surrounded by pictures, some were ripped up. My cheeks were stained with tears. I heard frantic banging on the door, but i just ignored it, i knew they couldn't get in. I had pushed as much furniture as i could move in front of the door, i wanted to be gone, this couldn't be real life, it must be a dream. I started pinching myself, until it was no use and i just started to scream. I screamed until my throat was raw and then just sat, for hours, until the sun had disappeared for the day, I couldn't feel anything.

The next morning when i woke up, my room was wrecked. I didn't remember anything from the day before it was a blur. I went down stairs and heard my parents hissing quietly at one another. I walked into the kitchen, and slumped down at the kitchen table they both were staring at me until i looked up and they turned their heads quickly. I sighed and poured myself a cup of juice from the carton. My dad was sat next me and tried to talk to me, i just blanked it out.

"Grace we know its a shock-"

"-A shock! yeah you would know wouldn't you."

she slid two pieces of paper towards me. One was a brochure for Jacksonville Realtors, it had pictures of a house, it was big and posh. The house had 5 bedrooms. I screwed it up, and threw it into the bin on the other side of the room. Then i picked up the next brochure, 'Mandarin Oaks High school'

"Mum if you are trying to tell me we are moving to Jacksonville then its a no from me"

Dad spat out his cereal laughing at me

"Don't you laugh, if we do go you aren't going to see me again are you Mr class clown."

I got up and slammed my chair into the table.

"I'm going out, not that you would care"