Awkward

I ran home and into the front door, mum was cooking something in the oven and was in the phone to someone. As I slammed the door she dropped the phone and then rushed to pick it up

"Yes, yes okay thank you for your help, yes we are settling in well, yes thanks goodbye!" She slammed down the phone and wiped her flowery hands on her apron.

"How was school" she said her voice shaking

"Fine, who was in the phone" she hesitates.

"Oh just mrs next door you know.. Just.. Checking up!" I don't believe her. If she hadn't bought me to this incredible country with this incredible house and my incredible bedroom with incredible boys, then I would have questioned it. I ran up to my room, and slammed my heavy bag down on the desk and grabbed my planner book. I flicked through it and found no homework inside. I ran into the annex at the back if the room, with the sofa and tv, and slammed my bag into the locker. I shut the door and looked through the window, josh was standing in his room and looking at the wall, as if into nothingness. He turned and waved until he shuts his curtains, I run to my wardrobe and choose my cute but casual floral dress, perfect for a date. I choose my burgundy boot heels which totally clash with the outfit, but they make me taller. I grab my hair curler an seperate my tangled hair into parts. Whilst my hair sits in the hot curling iron I stare at my face in the mirror. I wonder what would be happening if I were back home, would I be tied down with homework.. Most probably. I turn to see that josh has opened his curtains back up and is peering through the window at me. He waves again awkwardly and I shifting smile until I realise I have a curling iron in my pinned up hair.

"'"'"'""'"'"'

When I'm ready I rush downstairs to find my mother at the dinner table eating some sort of mulch.

"I'm going out."

"Right and when did you ask me?"

"Well right about when you told me the truth about who you were in the phone to" I said as I slid out of the front door only to be mad jump by josh standing with his arm ready to knock.