Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Zayn's POV

For the past few weeks, they went on as normal, except the fact that Liam keeps avoiding me. He even sits across the class from me. I admit, it hurts me when he does but what can I do about it. I guess he just likes to ignore me. I don't think the boys noticed yet. I was ready to tell him how I feel though, after some inspiration and threats, I'm finally ready. I see him walking down the hallway and I hid behind a corner. I waited till he walked past, then grab him and push him against the wall. He first looked angry, until he notice it was me, his face softened.

"What do you want Zayn," he asks like he is annoyed.

"What do I want? I want to know why you've been avoiding me," I spat angrily.

"I haven't..been avoiding you," his voice is soft.

"Then what do you call not talking to your friend or even not looking at them. Just ignoring them. Was it the dare Liam?"

"N-No, it wasn't that," his eyes widen.

"Then what the heck was it?" I glare at him.

"I-It, I..I just can't tell you," he puts his head down in shame.

"What do you mean you can't tell me? You told me what meant most to you and you can't tell me why you've been avoiding me? I deserve to know, this isn't always about you, it's about me too." He stays quiet. I gave a small chuckle with a smile, "And to think, I like you Liam. More than a friend and now I'm wondering why. Why did I ever like a guy like you? What's worse is that I'm falling hard. Last time that happened, it didn't end well. Landed in the hospital, surprised that I'm still alive. Worse comes to worse, next thing I know, I still like you. You just have that charm, you know what, just don't talk to me. I need a break. Don't text, don't call, don't talk, don't even look at me. I'm just, I'm just done. I delt with it for weeks, I can't risk getting even more heartbroken anymore. I told you what happened, and this time I'm going to try to prevent it. Goodbye Liam," I leave him and walk to lunch.

I walk to the boys' and mine table and sit down.

"What's up Zee," Louis asks.

"I'm good actually, just got the world lifted off my shoulders," I gave him a smile.

"That's good, you've been pretty down lately," Josh says.

"Here comes Liam," Harry announces as Liam walks in.

Liam looks our way and catches my gaze. He stares at me and send a harsh glare at him. He knows some things I've been through and mu problems, for an example, the feeling of unwanted or useless. He knows I can't deal with that. Liam immediately tears his gaze away and buys his lunch. He walks to us and sits next to us.

"Oh yeah, reminds me guys, I have to go to the library to finish work," I make an excuse to leave, so I stand up.

"And I have a detention, from talking back to a teacher," Liam makes up an excuse and follows me out. I start to speed walk to the library but Liam catches up and grabs my wrist. I yank my wrist from his grip while hissing in pain and glare at him. "Look Zayn, I'm so sorry, I just can't explain. Please don't ignore me and hate me," he begs.

"Liam, you've been ignoring me for weeks. You know some things I've been through, don't you know how I feel. You've been helping me through this and now you gave up, like-like I'm broken. Broken beyond repair. Now I know for sure," I feel my tears going down my face. Liam steps closer and goes to touch my cheek but I back away. "N-No, d-don't touch m-me," I turn around and run.

I run and keep running, ignoring the shouts of teachers. I run to the roof of the school. I walk to the edge and sit, just to get my thoughts cleared out. I whipe some of my tears with my light pink oversized sweater. I roll my sleeves up and looked at my wrists.