Part 4

Andrew made his way over to my couch and I went in the kitchen to get an ice pack for him. "Andrew are you alright? Will you tell me what happened?" he stopped crying but was still panting out of anger. "Tara." he almost grunted  to where I couldn't understand him. I didn't want him to repeat himself so i just hoped he'd continue. "Fucking Tara, I let her fuck me over and now I'm all fucked up." Based on his appearance I'm guessing he means physically and emotionally. I still didn't say anything because I didn't want to piss him off with questions.
"I dropped her off at home, after our date. Then I went home you know? We had a great time. Once I got home I realized I left my phone at her house so I drove back to her house to get it and there was a car in the driveway that wasn't either of her parents cars so I let myself in because she didn't lock the door and I saw my phone on the kitchen counter and I figured I'd tell her I was there. I opened her door and there he was  WITH MY GIRLFRIEND IN BED. I started screaming at him, asking who the fuck he thinks he his. He knows me, he knows Tara is my girlfriend. I SAT WITH THE PRICK AT LUNCH FOR GOD SAKE AND HE BETRAYED ME. Tara was crying. Trying to calm me down and telling me to stop. But how could I? She just tore my heart up like we haven't been dating since freshman year." I made my way over to the couch and sat next to him, putting the ice pack on his eye and he continued. "He got up and told me I had no place to speak and I told him she was my girlfriend and he.. Punched me. I'm not going to sit there and take that shit you know? He was with MY girlfriend. So I punched him back and he punched my rib and then I knocked him out. Tara was crying but it was in that moment I just lost all respect for her. I told her we're done and I left."  He crying by the end of speaking. "I'm.. So sorry Andrew. I don't know what to say. He then took off his shirt and I was really freaked because I didn't know why he was doing that. Then I saw his ribs. bruised really bad. "Here lay down, you can stay here tonight if you like." I offered before really thinking it through and he nodded yes. I went in the kitchen and got another ice pack and poured a glass of water. I gave him the water and put the icepack on his bruise. "Hold on one second I'll be right back". I ran upstairs and grabbed one of my many blankets and went back downstairs and gave it to him. "You don't have to be this nice, you know." I  just smiled at him and said "but you had a rough night. You need someone and I can be that someone. " I sat on the smaller sofa next to the one he was laying on and turned on the TV. I put on Saturday Night Live with Jimmy Fallon and started laughing because he was doing his "Sara" skit. Andrew was looking at me but I acted like I didn't notice. "You hungry?" I asked because I myself was hungry. "Yeah, whatcha got?" He said. He sounded like he was in a better mood which is good. "I have soup and fruit?" He looked at me as if I sounded like a grandma. "Or I can order a pizza" and his face lit up with a smile which was nice to see. I called the pizza place and got a large cheese pizza and garlic bread sticks and a soda. We played battle ship until the pizza guy came and I paid him at the door and then we ate. "So how about you? Got a boyfriend?" He asked and took a sip of his soda as if it was the most casual thing to ask me. "No..." And I took a drink from my soda. "Oh I see. You like anyone?" He was looking into my soul it felt like when he asked that. "Why do you care? No I don't have a boyfriend I don't want a boyfriend. Relationships are stupid." I snapped. "Well sorry for trying to make conversation, Jesus Jeni." He said with a tone. "Jennifer.." I mumbled. "Do you want me to go!? Because it's seems I'm just a waste of space wherever I go these days." I felt my heart drop into a pool of guilt when he said that. "No, no I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped on you for that I'm sorry." He quickly wiped the angry look off of his face and looked down at his lap.
It was about 1:30 am and I wasn't tired at all so went upstairs and grabbed my favorite movie. "You like The Breakfast Club?" I asked going back to the living room. "Who doesn't?" Andrew replied and I put the movie in and went to take my seat. "You know you can sit next to me right? I won't hurt you." He said with a chuckle. I went and sat next to him and the movie started. We were near the end where they're all smoking pot and talking about how they got detention and I realized Andrew was trying to hold my hand. At first I was going to pull away, but he'd had a rough night and holding hands isn't terrible. I could feel his pulse in his hand and I grew tired and found myself resting my head on his shoulder and drifted off to sleep before the movie had ended.

Andrews POV
I don't know what happened but we were just sitting there watching The Breakfast Club and I felt so close yet so far from Jeni. I know she hates being called Jeni and I think it's cute when she gets frustrated over that. I decided I'd try and hold her hand, and to my surprise, she did. She fell asleep with her hand in mine and her head on my shoulder. She's so much better than Tara. I loved Tara but she treated me like her boy toy. Maybe it's good me and Tara are over. Tara would've never given me ice or a blanket if I'd gotten in a fight. She'd of told me to get better or shake it off. But this right now. Just Jeni sleeping on my shoulder, feels so right, So calm, So perfect. I shift over and Jeni lays to where she's using my chest as a pillow and her legs wrap around mine and I put my arm around her, careful not to wake her. I can hear her short yet perfect breaths and I can feel her breathing against my side. She might freak out when she wakes up because she didn't even want to hug me but right now, this is perfect. I pull the blanket over me and Jeni and fall asleep on her maroon couch.