Chapter 1

I pulled up at my house as my phone started to ring. I looked over and picked it up.

Madge: Hey Ms. James.

Me: What's goin on Madge?

Madge: Well I was calling to remind you about your appointment with your new artist.

Me: *looks at watch* What time is the meeting?

Madge: In a about an hour.

Me: Okay well let me cook dinner and get my God Child settled and then I should be there in time or a couple of minutes late.

Madge: Okay. See ya then. Bye Ms. James.

Me: Bye Madge.
*click*

I looked at my watch again and knew if I wanted be on time I'd have to get going. I opened the car door and picked up Keyz and her backpack taking her in the house. I unlocked the door and entered the house to the smell of food cooking. I laid Keyz on the couch and went into the kitchen and saw Santo making dinner.

"Mmm-mmm." I said.

"Don't just stare Smooch. Come show ya fiancé some love." He said.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He turned around and bent down a little so he could reach my lips. We both pulled away so he could finish the food, but I stayed wrapped around him.

"Where's Bean?"

I chuckled. "In there on the couch sleep." I reached around him and grabbed a strawberry off the plate and popped it in my mouth.

"How you just gon snatch one of my strawberries?"

"They looked so good I couldn't resist." I chuckled. "Um I gotta go back to the office tonight. I gotta a meeting in about an hour. So I gotta go. I'll be back around 10:00. 10:30 at the least."

"Steph?" He whined.

"I know babe but this is a new artist. And I have to be there."

He sighed. "Ight. I'll be up when you get back."

I smiled against his neck.

"Don't smile at me." He pouted.

I laughed. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed my forehead and focused back on cooking. I went and kissed Keyz's forehead. Then I grabbed my purse and keys and left out.

At office...

"Alright I'm here." I said sitting my purse down on my desk.

"They haven't showed up yet. You're actually a little early. They should be here in awhile." Madge said.

"Okay cool." I said taking out my phone. I decided just to scroll through Instagram and I noticed I had a follow request. Guess from who? August Anthony Alsina himself.

I looked at his latest posted pictures and saw some pictures of him and Kezia. I smiled at the picture. And followed him back. Then I just kept scrolling through newsfeed til Madge came and knocked on my door.

"They're here." She said. I nodded my head and put my phone down and waited for them to enter. This was some meeting, artist that Madge thought I would like. So she put him or her on books. I had no clue who the artist was. First I guess the artist's manager. And the rest of their team. Then in, came August.