Chapter 6

Later on that night...

"Momma Steph, can you get me a dog pwease?!" Kezia whined.

"Why you want a dog?" I questioned.

"Cause. Dogs are cwute and I always want one. Pwease. Pwetty pwease." I begged.

"Ight baby. We can get a dog. What kinda dog you want?"

"Umm... I don't know."

"Okay. We can go look soon. Okay?"

"Okay!" She giggled and ran to her room.

I chuckled and pulled out my phone and saw a text from August. I bit my lip and then I felt lips placed on my neck.

"I'm sorry." Santo said.

I pushed him off and continued to scroll on my phone.

Santo smiled and picked me up. He then wrapped around me as we walked to the room.

"Put me down!" I yelled.

"Nope." He took me in the room and threw on the bed kissing me slowly.

August POV

I threw my phone as my anger in me grew. I sat down on my bed as I placed my head in my hands. She wasn't answerin my calls or texts. I couldn't help but think about that day. That day that fucked up everything. And I would do anything to get that day back. I love her so much that it hurts man. But now she's engaged to that nigga Santo. I want that to be me.

My phone alerted me that I had a FaceTime. It was from my Momma. I quickly answered it and when I did her forehead was all in the camera.

"August I can't see you."

I chuckled. "Ma back up a lil bit. Ya fo'head all in da' cam'ra."

She backed up to where I could see her face now. "Oh yeah okay. Now how's my Pooh doin?"

I small smiled. "I'm good Momma. I signed ta' a label. An I'm startin ta' work on dis new song. So everything's going good on dis end. How bout ya'? How's ma' nieces an' ya doin?"

"I'm good son. Kay, Shay and Mya are all fine. But I wanna talk about you. Why you sound so sad?"

"Momma? Ya' eva' have a day whea' ya' wish ya' could go back an' fix err'thang?"

"You talkin about Stephanie?"

"She's engaged Ma. She engaged to some dude named Santo." I shook my head. "Dat was suppose ta' be me Momma. I was da' one who was suppose ta' put dat ring on ha' finga'. I'm da' one who was supposed ta' grow ole' wit ha' and tell ha' dat I'll always luh' ha unconditionally. Me Momma. Not him."

"But it's not. It's him. August I know you love Stephanie but sometimes you have to let go. Obviously she's moved on. And if this makes her happy. If bein wit him makes her happy then baby let her go. It's important to fight for what you want but it's also important to know when you've lost."

Dev POV

"Mmm. Right there." I moaned.

"Right there baby?" Micheal asked hitting that same spot again.

"Mmhmm." I moaned again as Micheal gave me a massage.

Kezia would be home tomorrow so he's helping me ease my tension. Being a mother was stressful but being a mother with the father that's always on the road is even more stressful. I love Micheal with everything in me and he knows it. But I want to get married but Micheal wasn't ready yet. He wanted to wait for his career to slow up. I'll wait for him because I want to be his wife. But I won't wait forever.

Sorry I made y'all wait so long for an update but here it is. Love y'all and thanks for bein patient wit me.

Jaee_vibin_ productions😍👑💙