Chapter 4

I was heading over to see Jael. After I left her cancer had gotten worse so they put her in a special hospital where she has around the clock care. She was starting to get better too. She didn't have these crazy cancer flare ups anymore which is good. I walked in the door to the front desk.

"Hi. I'm here to see Jael James."

"I know. It's good to see you Ms. Stephanie." Diane said.

I laughed. "You too." I walked off to her room. And she was up watching tv. "Hey Babygirl."

"Hey Sissy." She smiled.

I walked over to her and hugged her. "How's my little girl?"

"I'm not little anymore. I'm 12 years old."

"Well fine how's my big girl?"

She giggled. "I'm good. How's Killa Ambition doin? Oh and how's Santo doin?"

"Record company is good. And Santo he's good too."

"Mmm. Any new artist?" Jael asked.

"Um yeah. August."

"August who?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Who you think?"

"August Alsina? Yo ex August Alsina? How did that-"

"Jael, he needed a record label. Besides our relationship now is strictly business."

"Mmhmm whatever you say. But I know August misses you and loves you. And if he knows about you being engage to Santo he's gon do whatever it takes to get you back. So watch yourself." She told me.

"Yes ma'am."

We laughed. And we talked a little bit more about everything. I still haven't told her about me being her real mom because how can I? Her eyes started getting low so I kissed her forehead and left. No other meetings. Or lunches. It's late. So time to go home and spend time with my Fiancé and GodChild.

I got in my car and turned on the radio. 'Honey' by: Kehlani came on. I started to sing along. That is my song! Finally I pulled up just as the song went off. I walked in and heard the tv playing in the background. It sounded it like Sophia The First. I chuckled to myself. Keyz is in love with that show.

"Hey babe!" I said.

"Shh! Bean is sleep." He whispered.

"Sorry. Hey baby." I whispered straddling him.

"Hey. How was work?" He asked pecking my lips.

"Good." I simply answered. Then stuck my lips on his neck right on his sweet spot.

"Not here." He slightly moaned.

"Right. Sorry." I said getting off his lap and standing up.

"Where you goin?"

"Upstairs I'm gonna take a shower." I stated.

I heard Santo sigh as he picked up Keyz and took her to her room. I went to our room and went into the bathroom as I stripped out of my clothing. There's was only one thing on my mind. August. I never realized how much I missed him until now. But I love Santo and I want to marry him. There was still a lot to do for our wedding but it will all be done in time.

2am...

I tossed and turned and tossed and turned. I couldn't back to sleep even if I tried. Gosh! What is wrong with me? I just wanna go to sleep. Not be up.

"Babe?" I said. "Babe?"

He groaned and turned over. I needed to get out the house. Who would be up at 2am? Oh hell no. I threw the covers off and got up. I threw on some gray sweats and white tank. Simply threw on some shoes. Then I slipped my phone from under my pillow. When I reached the bottom step I grabbed my keys and left out.