Chapter 8 - Never Letting Go

WARNING: Mature content, if you do not want "zee sexytimes" as Cassandra Clare would put it, you do not want to be here. But you do.

Emma was sitting on one of the counters in clean black shorts and a white tank top. She looked up as he came in and he ran over immediately, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace. Her arms looped around him as she nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck, breathing him in. It was slowly setting in on her that she almost died and that without Julian's stubbornness, she wouldn't be sitting here in his arms. She could hear his choppy breaths as he whispered in her ear.

"I- I'm so happy you're okay," He pulled away slowly, cupping her face in both his hands, "Come here." He held out his hand and she took it, following him into his secret room. Once they were inside, he turned and locked the door behind him. As soon as the lock clicked she placed a kiss on his arm, her arms holding tightly to his waist.

"I'm so sorry, Jul-" He cut her off with a kiss on her lips, slowly moving them apart with his and his hands slowly stroking her back.

"I want you to paint." He stated, tilting his head towards a blank canvas facing the window on the far wall.

"What? You're the painter, Jules. I'm more artistic in my fighting, or in my perfectly crafted wit." She smirked at him as he made his way over to the easel, setting out paints on a small tabletop next to it.

"Alright, well we'll start with something easy, like the ocean." The ocean was perfectly visible from the window, but it was dark now, the only illumination from the moon reflecting on the rolling waters. Her heart turned over in her chest as she watched the waves crash silently on the shore.

"Why the ocean? I hate the ocean." She grumbled.

"You're afraid of it. I always paint what I'm afraid of."

"And what is that?"

"You." He looked at her with the most thoughtful and soothing eyes, their blue reflecting the low lights in the room. Her heart skipped a beat at the word.

"Me?" She asked and, yearning to be closer to him, began walking slowly towards the canvas, "Why would you be scared of me?"

He turned his eyes up to the ceiling with a laugh before answering, "Because, Emma. You terrify me. I love you and I can't have you and the thought of not being with you absolutely destroys me. I am more afraid of losing you than anything else in this world. And that has almost happened 3 times now," His eyes met hers and she could see all the love and pain in them before he handed her a paintbrush, "Now paint the damn ocean."

With a smirk, Emma took the paintbrush and dipped it into the light paint, swirling it with a darker navy. She put the tip of the brush to the blank canvas and imagined all the possibilities that came with it. The fine tip slide gracefully across the material as if she were drawing a rune. Time after time after dipping her brush, she made streaks of blue for the ocean, choosing the colors she used from her memory of Julian's eyes. Oranges and yellows came to follow to illustrate the sunset illuminating the calm waters. She felt one of his hands run up her arm and grasp the hand holding the brush, guiding it effortlessly to create perfect shading and colors. His breath was warm on her ear, her eyes closing as she reveled in the feeling. His lips began planting kisses on her neck making her body shiver. She braced herself with one hand on the table, the wet paint sliding under her fingers and palm. Julian brought his other hand to her waist as his lips made their way up to her temple and jaw. Reaching up behind her, her hands found their way into his brown waves, smearing paint on his neck and in his hair. A low laugh rose from his throat as he spun her around and moved his hands down her back to her hips, placing one on the paint covered table. The cotton of his shirt was soft on her skin as she pulled it up over his head and discarded it on the floor. Wanting no barriers between them, she reached down to the hem of her own and yanked it off as well. They crashed back together as his hands met her bare skin, paint smearing on the smooth surface of it. The cool sensation of his paint covered hands contrasting with the heat of his chest sent her pulse racing. With a smirk playing across his lips, he put his hands in the puddle of paint and raked them down her back, her breath catching as their grip tightened around her. She could feel herself slowly coming undone as his lips met with hers once again, hungrier than before. She jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist, his hands holding her close to him as he walked her over to set her on the counter, pushing her back against the wall. His hands gripped the fabric of her shorts and slid them off and onto the floor as her own fingers deftly undid the button of his jeans. He kicked them off and pushed her legs apart more to create space for his body as he pushed forward, hands sketching every inch of her bare skin leaving faint trails of paint. His blue eyes were the color of twilight as he picked her up and swung her onto the floor underneath him, paint stained fingers removing the rest of what covered her and himself. She gasped and dug her fingers into his back until they could not get any closer. Soft moans rose from his throat as he moved against her, slowly at first and increasing in pace along with the rhythm of her heartbeat. The first time they had come together she kept her eyes on him but this time she couldn't. It was as if he was a bright light that was blinding her, her eyes forced shut as the sensations consumed her with colors as bright as the sun swirling together much like paint on the canvas of her eyelids. She could feel his hands tighten on her hips as he came undone, calling her name before he let himself relax next to her.