Chapter 9- Saviour

Chapter 9

Through your blurry tear- stained vision, you squinted to spot him.
"N...Natsu?" You choked out, barely audible above your torturer coughing violently. You caught a glimpse of his face, ridden with utter anger. Raging fire surrounded him, almost consuming him, as he looked down at your beat up body.
"(Y/n)...did this bastard do this to you?"
You looked up in utter bewilderment, nodding slowly. He cracked his knuckles and faced the man in front of him, who had been joined by two burly security guards, who clearly were to afraid to approach Natsu in fear of getting burnt, by the huge flames dancing around him.
"Right" he said, taking a stance.
"I'm fired up."

He dealt with the security guards easily, you had to say it was impressive. His flames melted the metal of your handcuffs, so you were able to break free and use your magic.
"Ice make, pistol" you cried, forming a gun made entirely from ice out of thin air. You shot at the man with purple hair, instantly making his skin freeze, causing great pain. Naturally, yours and Natsu's magic would outrank each other, and wouldn't usually work well together, but you both moved in sync, both your attacks always hitting their well-aimed for targets. He protected you always, standing in front of you to prevent anything from hurting your already abused body. Soon the purple man was dealt with, lying limp on the floor thanks to Natsu's Roar of the Fire Dragon, and you smiled in victory, high-fiving your saviour. The pain from before overtook your energy suddenly, as you had used the last strength on your ice make magic, making your vision cloud with black dots. You felt yourself fall into Natsu's arms, the last thing you saw was his frantic face and his voice calling your name.

Your eyes became half lidded as they were weighed down with exhaustion, and you peered around slowly, averting your gaze back when you realised you had a banging headache. You were in a hospital room, the walls white washed, along with the bed sheets, the equipment, everything, making your eyes ache. You observed that you were on a drip; a clear tube protruded from your arm and snaked round the bed, leading to a small clear plastic bag filled with blood, which you assumed was your own. You felt as if the sight of your own blood was familiar, as it had been present within the past few days often. Straining your ears, you heard distant voices outside.
"But will she recover?"
"It's uncertain for now; she'll have to stay with us. I'll see what I can do."
"That's not good enough!"
"Sir, we're doing what we ca-"
The door to your room burst open, and Natsu walked in and sat you. He looked down at his clenched fists and you noticed his under eyes were taken over by rings of deep purple.  When he turned and saw you were awake, a twinkle appeared in his eyes and he shot you a toothy grin that made your heart rate increase rapidly.
"How long was I out for?" You croaked.
"A few days. You got pretty beaten up, then you used too much strength in the fight. That guy will pay you know. No one messes with Fairy Tail." He clenched his fists, making veins pop out on his arms and forehead slightly. You had no idea he was this protective over you, but the thought made your heart flutter.