Stupid Mistake

"Uhh... how many hours til we can get the fuck out of here?" Chad asks while grabbing a black tray and placing two plates on it. Troy looks up from his own tray and then up at the clock. 7:03. Not late enough.

"One." Troy responds with a sigh. They both knew that the Evans' party had already started a half hour ago and both of them were stuck working until eight. The plan was that Chad would drive Troy over, and they would meet up with the rest of the gang there. That sucked. Troy wanted to get out of Lava Springs as fast as he possibly could. The party was going to be just like the one on the last day of school. That meant EVERYONE was going to be there. The Evans always out did themselves when it came to parties. If he didn't get out of there soon, Troy was pretty sure he was going to explode.

"God... can that clock go any slower?" Chad asks ten minutes later and Troy places his head in his hands. The dinning room wasn't that crowded that night so it was making the time go even slower. At least if they were busy they had something to do. But right now, there were four families in the dinning room.

Troy suddenly looks up to the sound of two girls entering the kitchen. One of the girls' smiles falters a little when she walks in. He sighs and tries his best to rip his eyes away from Gabriella. He had done his best to avoid her all day. It was too hard to look at her. She had turned him down, for the first time in forever. Troy couldn't remember the last time a girl turned him down. Oh yea, it was at the staff party when Gabriella turned him down then. "Hey Chad." Taylor's voice echoes through Troy's head and he suddenly brings himself back to reality to see Chad had his arm around Taylor and Gabriella was looking at him, trying to smile. "Hey Troy."

Troy gives Taylor a small smile and Chad looks between him and Gabriella. Troy had told Chad all about what happened last night earlier in the day. He said to just be patient, but Troy was never patient. If Gabriella wanted to play that way, fine. Then so would he. "Hey..." She says slowly and Troy looks at her again. He knew she was so beautiful, but he couldn't help but continue to be pissed at her.

Troy gives her a half smile and then turns back to Taylor and Chad. "So when are you guys leaving?" Chad asks them and Troy watches as Gabriella gorgeous shoulders shrug.

"Now. Tay just wanted to say goodbye." She says in her sweet voice and Troy does his best not to touch her. He wanted her so badly, but he had to be strong. She just completely told him that she couldn't trust him and just wanted to mess around. Well, that's what she was gonna get. Troy had to show her how it was going to be then. It had to go back to the way it was before they started talking again. Sure, he wasn't going to fight with her, but maybe the player side of Troy needed to make a stand tonight. If she wanted something open, that's what he was going to give to her.

"God... I hate you." Chad says and Taylor rolls her eyes.

"No you don't." She says and kisses his cheek. "But I'll see you in like less than an hour." They kiss and Troy suddenly finds Gabriella's eyes. 'Don't you want that?' He thinks to himself and watches as she gives him a small look as if to say 'More then anything' back. But he shakes his head and turns back over to see Chad finally remove his arm from his girlfriend. "Bye Troy." Taylor finishes and starts to walk towards the locker room.

"I'll see you guys there." She says and gives Chad a quick hug. Gabriella then turns to Troy and he feels shivers go down his body as she touches his arm lightly and gives him a small smile. "Bye Troy."

But Troy quickly composes himself and watches as Gabriella walks into the locker room after Taylor. This is how she wanted to play. And that just made Troy even more pissed. Why not let the player Troy have a night out? He knew it wasn't going to be pretty, but that was a risk he was going to have to take.