Her Confession

Christopher's POV

We came downstairs and entered the beautiful dining room. The food was spread out across the table. It looked so good.

Christopher led me towards two seats. He sat in one I sat in another. I was looking around and noticed there was some people I haven't met yet. I'm guessing Christopher's Dad and Christopher's sister, Emily.

"Oh it feels so good to have the family together for dinner." Carol said. "Well dig in everyone."

Emily was sitting right across from me. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. I was napping. Awfully rude of me." She said to me.

"Oh it's perfectly fine. Hi nice to meet you. My name is Audrey."

"Emily." She smiled back at me. She did look very tired indeed with bags under her eyes. Poor thing.

"I'm afraid we haven't met either. My name is Greg. Better known as the man who passed the Mason name." He said smiling.

"Nice to meet you. Audrey." He nodded and began eating once again.

Friendly talk began surrounding the table. It felt good to accompany such a nice family. I began to think how it would feel to still have my family around.

No I need to stop. Every time I think of them. I get very emotional.

"So Audrey what do you do for a living?" Greg asked.

The question I was hoping to avoid. But it is unavoidable.

"She works..." Christopher began but I disrupted him.

"I work as a computer engineer." I had to lie.

Christopher looked at me with a 'what are you doing' face.

"Wow. Impressive." Carol said.

"My brother got a smart girl too." Ryan said.

"How do you like it?" Evelyn asked.

"You know it's very interesting to say the least. I am a software engineer so I get to help create new software. That is what I like best. You don't know the many things you could create with technology."

"If it's something you like then don't let it go." Greg said to me.

I nodded thinking but I haven't even touched it.

Again chatter began around the table. I felt Christopher put his hand on my thigh. I looked up at him. He whispered. "You know you didn't have to lie."

"But I did." I had to admit. I didn't want to say what I really did. It's not professional enough.

"We'll talk later." He said with his hand still on my thigh. I didn't mind it being there.

We finished eating and Carol brought out warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm. One of my favorite desserts. I dug right in.

While eating Carol said, "So tomorrow I thought it would be good to go out to the water for the day. Have a BBQ at the end of the day."

Everyone agreed.

After cleaning up we all went to the living room to talk for awhile. Watching the kids play. It was so relaxing.

Then it was time for bed.

Christopher and I got to our room. He closed the door behind him.

"I'll take the floor." He said going to the restroom.

While he was in the restroom I decided to change. As I was changing Christopher came out. I didn't mind he seen practically everything already.

He was just wearing his pajama bottoms.

(Play Song)

"You know you can sleep on the bed tonight. I don't mind. We've slept together already."

"I was hoping you'd say that." He said jumping onto bed. And when I mean jumping he jumped.

"Someone is excited."

"Very." He patted the bed and I rolled my eyes playfully and got in.

We were facing one another.

"Why did you lie at dinner?" He said seriously.

"I didn't want to tell them the truth. I know you told me to but I just...couldn't." I paused. "You know everyday I wish I became something of myself. I wish I would've gone to school and got a degree. It would've embarrassed me deeply to tell your family that I was a burlesque dancer. I just couldn't let them know." I didn't realize that tears were falling down my eyes.

He wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"It's okay. I understand." I smiled when he said that. "So the job you made up, the computer engineer, is that what you wanted to do?"

"Yeah. It is. You caught on fast."

"I seen the look in your eyes when you were talking. You had passion in them. It's very beautiful."

I blushed. He really did have a way with words.

"You know Christopher, you are the first guy that I actually like being around." He smiled.

Christopher's POV

I smiled. "I'm glad you think that because I feel the same way."

She smiled.

"I know you want to be more than friends with me. But can you just...wait for me....I'm getting there." She admitted.

"I can wait." I said smiling like no other.

"Thank you." She said hugging me.

"You know Audrey you were hugging me yesterday night when we were sleeping together." I had to tease her.

She didn't say anything but dug her face deeper in my chest.

"You knew you did. Didn't you?" I said amused.

She nodded. I laughed. "You don't need to hide your feelings from me Audrey. I will willingly take them." I said with my head on her head.

She looked up at me. "I am starting to like you Christopher. Like, like-like." She said seriously.

"I'm glad." I was beyond happy.

"Even though it scares me." She confessed. "Your the first guy I let in my life and the first one where I actually developed feelings for."

Even though Audrey is not the first girl I've had a relationship with, she is the only one where I feel as if though I can really be myself around. If you can't be yourself around someone you love than you are faking your relationship.

"Thank you Audrey." I said.

"For what?"

"For letting me in a little." She laughed and got up to turn off the light.

What made me even more happier was that she snuggled right next to me once again.

I can't wait for tomorrow.