Wall Made of Gold

Harley looked down to see her hand in Batman's, which was considerably larger than her's. Batman quickly cleared his throat and retreated his hand from hers.

The atmosphere turning tense and awkward.

"He punched you hard, Harley. You need rest, go back to sleep" he said in a demanding tone.

"Um, I'm used to it by now, don't worry," she said pulling her arm out from underneath the sheets; revealing her bruises in the process.

Bruce looked at her bruises and scars with a concerning face, then back at Harley who was sobbing,

Harley, I-"

"No! It's ok, B-man. Everyone goes through stuff like this, ya don't have ta feel sorry," she said in a reassuring tone.

Bruce grabbed her arm and Harley pulled back a bit; being used to violent grabs which quickly led up to hitting. She flinched at first, but calmed down once she saw him inspect her arm.

"Can you get up?" he asked.

"Sure can!" Harley yelled back very loudly. She got up and jumped in the air with a fast, yet elegant twirl. Batman has never seen somebody heal so quickly. Then again, Harley was no ordinary girl.

"You are going to live here now," Batman gestured around the area with his hands, "but only if you help me fight. I need help." This wasn't a decision made in the dark. He thought very hard about her living with him for endless reasons. Obviously, he had to be careful since she could snap back into an insane clown, but he also knew that she needed to be away from the Joker.

"Really?!" She replied excitedly

"Well, yes, but you need to train first." he replied calmly.

"Okay let's start," she said reaching out trying to punch his face, but he grabbed her hand. She let out a squeal and tried to release herself from his strong grasp. Batman let out an airy chuckle.

"Nice try," he complimented emptily while getting in formation. They both swung at each other; dodging fists until Quinn tried kicking him hastily. Batman took her leg mid-air before twisting it. Harley slammed onto the floor, making a loud noise. She quickly thought up of an idea, yelling in pain as she faked an injury. Batman put his hand down to help her get up. Harley grabbed his hand gently, and swung him over her into the floor.

BOOM!

"What the hell, Quinn!" Harley laughed.

Harley, still on the floor, tripped Bruce making him fall on top of her. They looked at each other like they were ready to fight. Harley pushed him up and pinned him against the floor. They heard humming of a sort, in an unrecognizable tune. Their heads turned to the doorway, watching for the visitor in the same position. Just then Robin came through the door calmly, before looking over at the two.

"What the- Harley, why are you here?" Robin said angrily. He scrambled himself to get into a fighting position, his eyes glaring daggers. Harley laughed uncomfortably.

"Can I talk to you Bruce?" Robin asked pulling Bruce towards him. He backed away from Bruce before talking to him. He was a lot stronger than him after all.

"Why is she here, Bruce?!" He hissed with a angered and unwelcoming tone.

" Well, you see, the Joker almost shot her until I saved her; but he punched her hard in the face. That's why I brought her here."

"But you were fighting each other!"

"Call it a friendly spar."

" Friendly spar?" Robin asked in a scolding tone, "Wow ,Bruce. You decided all of this with out me? How could you be so foolish? That's one of our biggest enemies, Batman, incase you forgot!" Robin narrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms. His eyes were filled with rage and discust. His patience was wearing thin, and Batman's aloof behavior didn't help.

"Well technically the Joker is the enemy here. Just relax she is a good fighter. Call her a hostage if it makes you happy..." Batman said, trying to make light of the situation.

"Oh god, Bruce! You like her! There are so many pretty girls out there, Bruce, and what do you do? Oh, you pick the most psychotic, and trickiest one of them all." Robin said, loosing air at the end from anger.

"Harley? You think I like Harley? You're crazy. Besides, she needs to be away from the Joker, have you not seen those giant bruises on her arm, Robin? They are big. She won't be here that long, don't worry." Batman said with a whole variety of emotions.

"Fine- but don't let her touch the weapons. An Asylum escaper, plus weapons, equals bad Bruce. I've seen it before.."

Robin rolled his eyes as Batman nodded his head and walked back to Harley. Watching them hurt Robin. He knew Batman wasn't keeping her as hostage, Harley was basically mining and the gold that Batman used as his wall, but Harley was getting through it.