one ; the diner

001: BENNY'S DINER.

In each other's arms, the two girls opened their eyes to find themselves no longer in hell—they were outside in reality—the secluded woods with branches of hope surrounded their trembling bodies, and the breeze was unusual that the two scrunched t...

In each other's arms, the two girls opened their eyes to find themselves no longer in hell—they were outside in reality—the secluded woods with branches of hope surrounded their trembling bodies, and the breeze was unusual that the two scrunched their noses at the scent of refined freedom. Their backs ached and burned off the rays of the sun hitting them for the first time in years, the two released each other and smiled. 

Seven rubbed her arms and twirled around steadily, admiring the work of art that independence had left painted for them, waiting for the two girls to come and step on the grass of what was once their dreadful memories. She spun and spun till her head started to become lightheaded and her blurry eyes squinted to see much more clear of this unforgettable moment. 

Eleven, on the other hand, walked slowly forward, leaving Seven to appreciate the lively trees of nature, and listened as each step she took cracked the bones of those who harmed her. It was a sweet symphony of crunching leaves, wind colliding with branches of their heads, and the barks of the trees were the broken backs of the wicked.

While daydreaming of revenge, Eleven stopped where she was heading and stood still. She watched as a large man with a dark brown, shaggy beard threw away something in the trash. His shirt was dirty and stained with sweat on this warm day, and his large built body didn't seem to frighten the young girl.

Eleven looked back at Seven who was already staring at the man. She grabbed the end of her dress and squeezed tightly as she observed the man from afar. She wasn't terrified nor comfortable seeing him; it was a strange sight. She hadn't seen another human other than the ones from inside, but seeing him gave her a tiny insight of how the people outside would be like. 

Seven glanced at Eleven, who was still looking at her and nodded. She trekked towards her and grabbed her hand, leading her to the small house where the man came from. There was a tasteful smell that entered their nostrils that made their stomachs of shattered bones grumble. 

They entered—slowly and carefully with footsteps of a deadly silent ghost—their hearts thumping of the unlawful thing they were doing. 

Eleven loosened her hand away from Seven's grip and walked ahead of her. She inhaled in the delicious smell of fried potatoes and grilled meat. There on the counter was a tray of fries that left the girl's mouths water. 

Both Seven and Eleven grabbed a handful of the savory fries and chewed on the food that when they swallowed it filled them whole: completed their tenuous bodies on the outside, while the inside was filled with heart-burning flames of audacity rising at each enthralling moment. 

"Hey! Come here! Hey, come here!"

The yelled out 'hey ' in which they already heard once made the girls' look to find the same man from outside looking at them with a face of anger. He started making his way towards them; the girls started running.