chapter uno;

(Girl with Braces is Chrystal & Girl in the purple room is Zakiya)

Zakiya.

Today was the day my mother was coming. I haven't seen her since my 6th birthday which was 10 years ago making me 16 now. I didn't even wanna see her, just thinking about her not even trying to come see me after 10 years makes me sick. She has 2 other kids and she doesn't even take time out of her life to come visit the oldest one. But it's cool.

If you're wondering, I live with my daddy in Chicago. Since I'm the only child my daddy takes care of I'm spoiled, obivously. But, sometimes I wish I wasn't so spoiled.

"Zakiya she almost here, make sure your room is clean" my daddy yelled from downstairs.

I fixed the aqua comforter on my king size bed. My whole room was aqua. My room walls were stripped, white & aqua. I had a walk-in closet that was aqua and my own bathroom that was white and light light aqua, more like turqouise.
I had a macbook pro with aqua covering and my apple computer was plain white with aqua stickers. Well basically, lets get to the point. I love aqua!

"She's here" my dad said knocking on my door.

I sighed and tugged on my ponytail to make it look proper. I turned my room light off and made my way downstairs.

There was my mom, I'm not going to lie, I was the spitting image of her. She was light skin with wavy hair and chinky, asian looking eyes. I had her hair, and nose.

"Zakiya it's been so long!" She said wrapping her arms around me. I didn't even want to hug her, so I made up a excuse.

"Um, I don't like to be touched" I said before she unwrapped her arms. I fake smiled.

"Ok, so Kiya we gotta tell you sum" dad said.

"Yes daddy?"

"You're moving in with your mom" he sighed. My bottom lip dropped causing my mouth to be wide open. Tears started to swell in my eyes.

"Nooooo why?" I whined.

"We feel like you should gain a closer bond with her and your little sisters" he replied.

I stormed off in fustration and slammed my room door. I hate everything at this point and time. This lady just wants to come back in my life thinking she runs shit. She wasn't there for me 10 years! I don't need a close bond with her, I am better without her!

My dad walked into my room and sat on my bed where I was bunched up in a ball crying.

"Zakiya Lee stop acting so goddamn childish, you know I hate that bullshit. You're leaving tomorrow, no if's or but! Start packing" my dad said before leaving my room and closing the door.

I was so pissed off but I just decieded to pack. I grabbed my pink mcm duffle bag and started putting all my clothes, accessories and undergardments inside. I grabbed my pink mcm bookbag and put stuff like my wallet, deordant, body wash and perfume into it. I zipped up both of the bags when I was done and just sat on the side of my bed thinking.

I officially hate myself now.