Chapter 2: A Friendly Meeting

Have you forgotten?

Who are you?

Your work is not done.

Finish it.

~ ♥ ~

I woke up with cold sweat all over my head and back, just a bad dream. Let me see the time-Oh, it's pretty early! A walk around the neighborhood shouldn't be that bad; unless if something bad happens of course, which I hope it wouldn't.

I got up and got a quick hot bath to soothe some of the cramps and my brain a bit from that nightmare. I don't know what made me dream about that: The girl? My boss? The reports? Whatever it is, that really freaked me out...

"Ouch!" Some shampoo dripped in my eye. It burns, I got a lot in!

~ ♥ ~

Finally! That shower took a while, now let's dress up!

Hmmm... I could wear casual pants and a T-shirt, which is plain black of course, but I want to be more "in-theme", so a jacket wouldn't hurt - and a bonnet too! I looked in the mirror and it seems decent, I'm ready to go outside.

I got out of my apartment and finally got out, feeling the cold wind of the winter-like breeze even though there's no trace of snow anywhere. I started walking north and just admired the silence of the city; well, not the perfect silence since I hear car driving through the roads and the planes flying on the clouds...

A bench! Finally I can sit down and just relax; Oh wait, there's already someone sitting. Should I go?

Yeah, it wouldn't be that bad...

I sat down by the edge so I wouldn't disturb her, even though her bonnet literally covers up the sides of her head and she seems to be in total concentration with her phone...

Ughh, sitting near the edge isn't really comfortable-and she doesn't seem to care; I guess I can move a little bit so I can sit properly?

I moved a bit and she doesn't seem to mind; I moved more and now I am comfortable on how I sit, but we are so close to touching; why do they make these benches so small!?

!

She... Touched me?

I saw her cold hand hold my jacket's wrist, and I am very confused. Do I even know this woman?

I looked in her face and...

Oh my gosh!

"Are you-" She shushed and stopped me from saying anything else. "I know you know me, and I didn't expect you to be walking this early in the morning..." she replied, "Where have you been!? I haven't seen you in ages!"

"It's a long story; Hey, I'm a little hungry; Want to get something to eat?" she asked and I politely nodded my head. We stood up and started walking, looking through the restaurants around.

"Want to eat in here?" I pointed to the sushi bar; And if you didn't know, I actually like sushi a lot more than almost any food - and in fact, I actually went past all the restaurants my friend is interested in just to go in this bar. "Sure!" she agreed and we went in the sushi bar; all the seats are almost all empty except of the first seat, so I guess more space for us! We decided to sit by the right side and we started putting our orders in the machine.

"What do you want Mae?"

"I would want a plate of California Roll and Kappa Maki."

"You don't want Amaebi?" I asked, "I'm allergic to shrimp, remember?"