Chapter 4: The Invitation

"Huh! Oh – wha-? Did something moved!?" I suddenly woke up when I heard something that fell or crashed on the floor. I looked around and noticed that it was the table, but why? I got up and saw a cat on the floor, oh come on! Cat! Shoo! Off! But it sat there just tilting its head. I tried scaring it with gentle to moderate foot wags but it just wouldn't get scared; it's not even running away!

Well... I always wanted to have a pet since I'm pretty lonely in this room, and this cat seems to be attached to me now, so I closed the window, fixed the table and opened the lights. She's a white cat with orange stripes by its head, but I'm not sure if it's a he or a she, so I need some kind of neutral name for this cat – but you know what? Let's just say it's a he! So I can call you... Marco! Yes! That should be a pretty good name since every time I call him, I will always say Polo when he gets by my side.

I opened the fridge and fortunately I have some leftover salad that I ate as a midnight snack which I have no plans of eating anymore, so I landed it to the floor and she started sniffing and eating the salad which is pretty nice. I also made sure that there's no broccoli because I saw a movie once that broccoli actually poisons cats for some reason so I guess I just removed it for extra measure. He seems to be happy and I looked at the clock – oh! It's actually fairly early, so I guess I can go to the park like Mae told me.

After a quick bath, I felt Marco snuggle his fuzzy head by my foot, which is just adorable and I can watch this for hours, but I have to go outside. I then remembered the note that Jessica gave me and I have enough energy to actually read it now, so I opened the drawer and saw the note still intact.

"Thank you, Sir. Ray for helping me in the company! I hope you will have a nice day :)" Oh! It was a quick thank you note, oh that's nice. I folded and kept the letter again in the drawer and I finally got myself dressed up – but it seems to be a bit chilly outside, so I should wear my scarf.

~ ♥ ~

The cold winds of the city covered my face and left a chill to my eyes and cheeks. I saw the blank faces of the brightly lit lamp posts frosted with the humid air and smoke, the trains from the distance showing their approach to my left and saw it zoom through the train rails and finally go to the distant. I saw the black windows from the sleeping buildings as I walk to the same dead – well, some are already up, but only a few actually get up this early to walk on this sidewalk.

I got to the pedestrian crossing and fortunately I can still remember how to go to the park because I don't really go to the park since it has so many things you have to worry about: cockroaches, mosquitoes, rats, stray cats: even though I already adopted one just earlier, ants and other creepy crawlies. Ughhh, I'm already making myself uncomfortable; yet here I am going to that same place just because I am invited by someone – well no, not just "someone" because she's my best friend.

I started walking and finally turned to District C where the park is located; the metal wire fence covers the whole park to have extra protection, which is pretty stupid considering this is a park where everyone should have the right to enter because it's made for entertainment...

But then, after I stepped in that metal entrance and looked around...

I saw her...

But not Mae...

It's Aira!

The girl from yesterday!

I saw her there reading her manga, Orange as usual, which I actually still haven't read. But how can she be here? Seriously, first I saw her on the bench in District B, then I saw her in the manga store in the same district, but now she's here at the park! It's like a crazy coincidence or something magical is happening, but who knows and who cares, I guess I can talk to her now.