Part 9.

The tow truck sped towards us with haste, as if the driver was drunk.

"Amy! Do something!" William screamed.

I tried to move the car to the other side, but that didn't make things any better. I called for backup from the in-built communication feature.

They said it would take them a few minutes to arrive, and that I would have to keep the two vehicles busy by then.

Suddenly, both vehicles stopped in their tracks.

A figure got out of the Mercedes and spun an object on the road which moved swiftly towards our car and stuck itself to the bottom of the trunk.

It didn't take me long to realize what the object was.

"Will, we're gonna have to jump." I said, wondering if that was the right thing to do.

"Are you insane?" He yelled over his voice.

"William, there's a bomb that's gonna explode in a few minutes. Jumping, is the only thing that's gonna save us." I said.

"Do you know what speed we're travelling at?" He yelled again, this time more intense.

Ignoring his question I opened the doors of the car.

"On Three!" I yelled.

"Amy, No!" He said, trying to pull me back.

"It's the only chance we have!" I said, hoping that this would turn out the way I wanted it to.

"One," I yelled again, louder.

"Oh my God!" He exclaimed as he looked out of the car.

"Two,"

"Three!" I screamed, jumping out of the car.

I hit the road roughly and rolled a few meters before watching the car explode. I ran towards William, who had landed on the other side of the road. He was injured, elbows scraped, but he was alive.

"We made it!" William said in an injured tone.