Yesterday is Today

Wake up, walk through the scanner, eat breakfast, go to school. It's the same every single day. The morning routines never change. The scanner makes you look like everyone else. Same hairdo, clothes, and even things in your backpack. The whole community eats at a cafeteria type place for breakfast and lunch. All the same food. Then I go to my classes. The school isn't that bad. Although the Government lost track of what grade everyone was in last year and to many people were trying to cheat the system and get into higher grades.  Meaning, I'm 16 which includes I've been in 10th grade for two years. Lets just say, It's pretty easy to get A's.

I sit with my best friend, Chandler. We remember somehow  from the past life. My mom remembers her to so we stick with each other  She makes classes a little more interesting for me. You are very visible in school though so you can't talk. None of the buildings have roofs otherwise, we would we would be completely invisible without sunlight or moonlight. People say we are the Sun's projections. I guess that is all we are. 

"Hey Marg" Chandler said to me

"Hey Chandler," I replied,"You are going to get in trouble for hair like that someday," referencing how her hair is down and all the other girls is up in a bun.

"Well, If they do then they can cut it off. Oh wait they can't because I'm just a figment of light." She stated

Chandler has hated her life ever since she was just a hologram. I guess I did at first but I've kind of accepted it. She says she remembers what it was like to grow up and live life the way you wanted. Ever since she has gotten that idea she tries to come up with escape plans every day.

"Someday things will be different," I told her

"Oh really then explain why we have been stuck in this jail cell for the past 2 years!" She said raising her voice

The bell rang indicating that school has started. Whenever I look over at she's shaking her head while staring off into space. I know that things won't change for a very long time but I also know that Chandler will hurt herself or the government will hurt her. These thoughts are the ones that keep me contained. Because deep inside all I want is out of this pit of doom.

I want to be, Free.