Trapped

After school, Chandler and I take the long way to our houses. We usually do this to prevent getting lost. We follow the north wall 5 houses down and then turn left. You can usually find your way by looking at the walls but it's also hard because the iron houses all look the same. The walls look hot from the sun and it smells exactly what it sounds like, Roasted metal. 

Sometimes on cooler days, Chandler and I like to touch the wall. Since it's the only thing we can come into contact with. The Iron isn't a horrible way to remind yourself you are still real.  

"There's no point anymore," Chandler said breaking our silence. I was running my hands along the wall.

"There's no point to try and remind us that somewhere out there we are alive... We are light. That's all" She exclaimed.

All of a sudden we hear a creaking and then the ground starts shaking.

"RUN," I tell Chandler

I start running towards my house. One of the escapists has died from an earthquake near the wall. When I got to my house I looked behind me and saw nobody.

"CHANDLER," I yelled. No response.

I walk back and see everything the way it was but no Chandler...

"Chandler?" I say quieter. I see something stuck under the wall. It's Chandler's scarf. 

"ATTENTION ALL COMMUNITY, CHANDLER SHOWERS WILL BE DISMISSED FROM ALL DAILY ACTIVITIES FOR SHE IS OUR OF BOUNDARIES.," said the announcer.

Hearing that your best friend is just simply dismissed is... Not real. I made her part of my life and now its just gone? No, maybe she's out there. I wrapped the scarf around my neck.

"SHE'S DEAD," they said after.

My vision went blurry and i fall to the ground. The only movement i can make is wiping away the tears. She is gone, she is dead. And I wish now that I was with her.