New Angles

I fell asleep next to the wall. Then all of a sudden I heard a knock from the outside of the wall. I knock back and hear a voice.

"Margo?"

"Um.. who's there"

"Chandler"

"WHAT" I yelled breaking our whispers

"I'm a person... with skin."

"I want that," I say falling to the ground

"I want that for you to"

I look around for anything that can let me not live my life in this jail.

"Hey, Chand?"

"What?"

"I know people always tried going up the wall... But did they ever try down?"

"Oh my god Margret Simons you are a genius!"

"Is there iron floor over there?"

"No! It's dirt... But its iron over there... UGH," Chandler bangs her head on the wall and it starts to shake.

"Chandler what did you do?"

"They say holograms can't destroy the iron but they never mentioned humans. Stand back Margo"

I start walking back and hear thuds of Chandler kicking the wall. The wall starts tipping towards me... I look up at how tall it is and I run towards the middle of the square. And pretty soon I see the wall falling right in front of me. The dust almost blinds me and I hear people screaming. The government officials start yelling into a speaker but Chandler runs up to in hologram form and grabs my hand. We run faster than ever. Once we pass the wall, I stop.

I feel my hands, the dirt. I look out at the world that doesn't seem to stop. 

"STOP THERE, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH TREASON,"  The speaker says

We run and run and run until they arrived at a village. I was still processing the fact that we were humans. Not Hologram humans but real living beings. When someone at the village saw us. They started clapping I recognized some of the girl's faces... Everyone that tried to escape. So they did make it out. The government just told us they were destroyed to stop the rebellion. We didn't see anyone behind us make it out. 

But there was hope and that's what we needed.

"What is everybody clapping about? My son is trying to sleep!"

"DAD!!!"