Chapter 5: Mixed Emotions

I regretted giving him to okay to date someone else. I didn't know why though.

"Hey Tsukiyama-san!" I heard.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"Over here it's Sota!" He shouted.

"Oh hey Sota." I said trying to smile.

"Are you okay?" He asked me pulling down his mask.

"Y-yea." I answered.

"No you're not. Remember if you ever need anyone to talk to you can talk to me." He said.

"Okay." I said.

"Saa jyaa ne." He said and walked off.

That short conversation made me feel a little less badly than before. Then I got a tex from Hayate making me feel bad again.

I'm going to be absent again. I have a dance practice. -Hayate.

I let out a sigh and replied an "okay" to the text. I then put on a smile and went to class. The class was boring and uneventful. I just wanted it to be over with. Class ended an hour early so I had an extra hour for lunch. I decided to just walk around for a while and I saw something that shattered my heart. It was Hayate. He wasn't at dance practice he was with that girl. "Why...?" I asked myself trying not to cry.

I skipped the classes that were left for the day and went home. I had other people who would send me the notes and stuff. I was upset and needed someone to Talk to then I remembered that I had Sota.

A/N: Italics is Sota regular is me. This is an exchange of texts

Hey Sota. I have something I need to ask you.

What is it?

Hayate lied to me.

What?!

He said he had dance practice but instead he was on a date with a girl I really don't like at all.

Why don't you like her?

She gives off a bad vibe.

Orrrrr you're jealous.

That's not the point. The point is he lied to me. After all of done for him he lied and why did he lie. If he told me that he was going on a date I would've still given him the notes.

Calm down. It's okay. You just need to ask him about it.

Okay. While I'm giving him the notes I'll bring it up.

Okay. I'm glad I could help.

As I said I would do, I told Hayate to come get the notes from my house since I wasn't feeling well. He came over and I immediately brought it up.

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked.

"About what?"

"You could've told me that you were going on a date instead of lying."

"I'm sorry."

"You know I thought that we were friends and when we first met I trusted that you wouldn't abuse my help." I said trying not to get angry.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lied."

"She put you up to it huh?" I asked.

"What do you mean."

"This isn't like you. I mean I've only known you for about a month but I know that you wouldn't lie without a reason."

"She did put me up to it. She said that she was upset that I was spending so much time with you so I felt bad and took her on a date." He said.

"Is it too late to change my answer?" I asked.

"What answer?"

"I don't want you to date her." I began. "I just realized that I like you."

"It is too late. I'm sorry."

"I thought so. Anyway be happy and I would advise you find someone else to give you notes." I said and closed the door.

I cried the rest of the night upset that I had just lost a friend. It doesn't matter how long I am friends with someone it always hurts if I leave them. I never want to leave a friend.

*knock* *knock*

"Hey it's Sota. Can I come in?" I heard from the door.

"..." I didn't answer.

"There you a- are you okay?" He asked me.

"N-no I'm not. I can't be friends with Hayate anymore." I said. "It's too difficult and I just think that it would be easier for both of us if I wasn't his friend."

"I'm sorry." He pulled me into a hug.

"It's not your fault."

"You confessed to him huh?" Sota said.

"Huh?"

"I mean why else would it be difficult for the two of you to be friends?" He said.

"You're right..."

"I've been there before."

"You have?"

"Yep." He said. "Can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"What if it was me instead of him?"

A/N: KYAAAAA!!! I can't write this with a straight face

"I j-just need time." I answered. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Take all the time you need. I'll wait." He said and kissed me on the forehead.

I was a train wreck a ball of mixed emotions. I didn't know weather or not I should be happy because I was confessed to or sad because I lost a friend and was rejected at the same time.

"What am I going to do?" I asked myself.

A/N: Geez this is a road trip of feels. Do you guys like it? Thanks for reading bye bye~~