Adventurous Love (Part 2)

Do you think they'll encounter something or someone? :)

--------------------------

Is that? Alexis thinks. He shakes Mickey.

"What?" Mickey mumbles.

"Did you hear that?" He whispers.

Mickey looks at the clock. "It's three in the morning." He says closing his eyes.

"Listen."

"Wh--"

Alexis covers his mouth.

Mickey opens his eyes and listens. He mumbles against Alexis' mouth.

"What?" Alexis whispers; he removes his hand when Mickey licks it. "Yuck."

Mickey smiles. "Are those giggles?"

Alexis nods. "I heard a bouncing ball."

"Do we go see? Let's go see!" Mickey gets up.

"Wait!"

"Let's go!" Mickey replies putting on his shoes.

Should we go? I know I agreed, but what if something happens? Alexis thinks; Mickey's parents coming to mind.

Mickey opens the door; Alexis behind him. They are about to step outside when a red ball crosses in front of them.

"Let's go!" Mickey exclaims taking Alexis' hand.

They follow the ball down the hallway.

Alexis squeezes Mickey's hand. Is the hallway getting longer? Alexis wonders as his heartbeats quicken.

"The giggling is getting louder." Mickey whispers.

"Is it going to roll down the stairs?" Alexis manages to ask.

"I--"

Alexis pulls Mickey to him when a little girl appears and the ball comes to her hand.

She smiles, "Do y'all want to play?" She asks before she turns around and disappears after she takes a few steps, giggling, and the ball bounces down the stairs.

Did we just see her ghost? Mickey wonders. There is no place where she could have gone. "Did you see that?" He whispers.

Alexis nods staring after the red ball.

They can still hear it bouncing down the stairs, but not the giggling. Instead, they hear a loud thump that echos in the silent hallway.

Simultaneously, Alexis squeezes Mickey's hand and Mickey pulls Alexis close to him. They stand there frozen as they hear the loud silence. Mickey is the first to move and pulls Alexis' back to their hotel. He doesn't speak until they are sitting down on the bed.

"Was the loud thump her...?" Mickey asks.

"I think so." Alexis replies shivering. He hugs himself.

"I think I had enough ghosts for one night." Mickey says.

"I didn't really think we would see her." Alexis says.

"Or hear her."

"Why are we whispering?"

"She might come back."

"She only--" Alexis swallows. "Died once."

"It could be loop."

Alexis shakes his head. "I need hot chocolate. I still have bumps."