Chapter 7 //

Social media had been blowing up after I instagrammed the photo of my new hair. As always, accusations that there was trouble in paradise, and that I had gone completely batshit crazy after my alleged separation from Hunter, were being thrown around in the comments. But that was nothing new.

Hunter immediately called me after I texted him a picture of it. When I answered the phone, I couldn't even get a word in before he started shouting:

"I love it! I love it so much, Lena." he squealed.

"Do you really?" I blushed. The thought of people hating my new hair gave me a nervous feeling.

"Yes, you look great." he assured. "I never thought I'd see a day where you didn't have your famous long black hair."

"Neither did I. I feel like I betrayed it. Me and my long hair were almost as close as Ariana Grande and her ponytail."

"So, are you happy?" he questioned.

"Yeah, I really like it. Are you happy with it?"

"I am. But, you know I'm happiest when you're happy. You could shave off all your hair and as long as you were happy with it, I'd still think you were as radiant as the sun."

"Oh god. What do you want?" I chuckled.

"I want to see you. I know it's only been like a week, but not seeing you literally kills me. I might be dying." he said as a matter of fact.

"Well, that would be blood on my hands, wouldn't it? What do you suppose we do?"

"Well, suppose Freddy talked to the label and suppose they said that they would be willing to cut meetings short if you'd be willing to come out to LA and do some interviews."

"And then what? You'd come home with me?" I grinned.

"If you want me to." he goofily said.

"We'll I assure you, I want you to. What if I told you that I'd consider it?" I smirked.

"I'd be the happiest boy in the world."

"Don't I always make you the happiest boy in the world?" I challenged.

"That is very true." he acknowledged.

"I know, I know." I sighed, "I'll text you in a bit, I'm going to discuss this with everyone."

"Alright. Good luck, I love you."

"I love you too."

As I walk into the dining room, I met eyes with none other than Claire. Next to her sat Jack and in front of them, Daphne and Michelle were seated. Daphne had been deep in conversation with Claire, as if everything was just like the old times.

"Hi." my voice cracked. Seeing Daphne and Claire go back to normal made me feel a bit betrayed but I knew that my feelings were unjustified. It was I who had forced the friendship upon Claire and Daphne.

"Oh shit! You look good." Daphne got up from her chair to run her fingers through my hair. "This suits you so well, doesn't it guys?"

"Yeah, it really does! Now there's two blondes in the group. You know what they say, blondes do it better." Claire winked.

"My little sister is killing the game!" Michelle declared.

Jack hadn't taken his eyes off me since walking in. No one had noticed but me. Finally, as if it just hit him that he hadn't said anything, he let out:

"You look beautiful."

I gulped loudly, "Thanks." I quickly replied before changing the subject. "What brings you guys here today?"