Chapter 2 //

These past two months had been the busiest months of my life. I spent 80% of my time on stage and when I wasn't doing that, I was flying from state to state doing interviews, and when I wasn't doing that I was on various movie sets doing movie cameos. I never had a second to breathe, it's like everyone wanted a piece of Lena Payne but I only had so much to give.  It was all too much, but I had no one to blame but myself. I signed up for this, I just wish I would've known what exactly I was signing up for. Yesterday concluded our six month long tour. I quickly tweeted out:

"Thank you Delaware and every other place that has supported us! You mean the world to me. Xx"

It felt extremely surreal that people whom I had never met believed in me and my band so much and genuinely cared about us on and off stage. Sometimes I did question if I had made the right decision by leaving and if this was what I really wanted. If I had stayed back, what would I be doing today? Today could have been my wedding day, it could have been the day I found out I was pregnant, it could have been the day I gave birth. But it's not, because I chose to leave. So now, today is just a day that I can't take a simple stroll to the grocery store down the street without getting bombarded by paparazzi.

I took a quick look in the mirror. I didn't even look like myself. My skin looks noticeably duller because my label told me it'd be best to wear heavy makeup instead of my usual eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. My hair was now down my back and dyed black. I had wanted to cut it and leave it its natural color, but the fear of seeing my face on magazines with accusations of me having an identity crisis or other ridiculous rumors like that had always stopped me. Daphne always reassured me that I looked great with long jet-black hair because between that and my alarmingly pale skin, my ocean blue eyes really popped. I have always wondered if I still looked like myself though. If I were to go back to Utah, would Michelle and Claire still recognize me?  Would Jack? 

Daphne hadn't changed a bit. She still had her brown almond shaped eyes, her slightly tanner than mine but still pale skin. She hadn't grown since sophomore year, standing at pint sized height of 5'4. She still had her wavy brown hair which spent 90% of its time in a high ponytail. Daphne hardly ever wore makeup because she didn't need it. Her skin is so soft and flawless there was nothing to cover up and her eyelashes went on for miles.

When Daphne and I arrived to LA, we met this attractive man playing guitar in a cafe across the street from our apartment. He immediately caught my eye, he caught everyone's eye. He towered over everyone and had a muscular figure. He had blood red lips and blonde messy hair, which he covered up with a beanie. When he finished playing, he pulled up a seat at our table.

"Hi." he smiled, in a confident yet not cocky way. "I'm Hunter."

Daphne grinned, knowing how badly I wanted to run away. "I'm Daphne, this is..." I cut her off before she could finish.

    "I'm Lena." I quickly answered. He gazed into my eyes before responding, "I like that name, I like both of your names."

    "So, you play guitar?" Daphne continued to engage in conversation, despite my pleading looks.

    "I do." he grinned, "Do you guys play anything?"

    "I play bass guitar. And very well, if I do say so myself." Daphne winked, "Lena sings."

    His eyes lit up, "Well, I would love to play with you guys. I would especially love to hear your voice, Lena." Hearing him say my name sent chills down my spine. I was completely and utterly infatuated with him. I looked down, afraid that if I looked at him, my facial expression would give away my secret feelings. Daphne, noticing my awkwardness, turned the attention back on her. "Why don't you put your number in my phone and I'll text you when we're available."