Bad News

*Miles' POV*
I hated to say this to Alya- especially after our fight. It's bad enough to that I ruined my reputation with Mr. Park, and now I have to surprise Alya with a huge performance like this. She's going to hate me even more than she already does. I haven't seen her since she ran out of class and I know she's still upset.

I walk down the hallway towards her locker but I don't see her. Looking at that spot I remembered meeting her there before our first date. I remembered us on our way out the door when Julie came up- And then I realized, I realized how much I screwed things up with us. Everyday since then there's been so much tension between us. When we practiced I could feel the lack of emotion in her voice. She had stopped looking at me with that beautiful sparkle in her eyes. And I had been such an idiot to ignore that. But I was a bigger idiot to ignore my feelings toward her.

*Alya's POV*
I saw Miles in the hallway and I just- I panicked. I couldn't face him. I hurried away from my locker with tears in my eyes, hiding behind people in the crowed hallway. I didn't know what to say to him, I also didn't know how to reply to the 3 new texts from him asking where I was.

I ducked into the girls bathroom as the bell went off. It was empty except for an abandoned eye shadow palette on one of the sinks. I leaned over the sink farthest from the door, sobbing silently so that no one would know I was there.

I hear footsteps outside the door. I quickly tucked myself away in a stall, almost afraid to breathe.

"Alya? Are you in here?" A familiar voice called from the doorway. Miles. He had come looking for me, all I wanted to know was why.

*Miles' POV*
I heard the squeaking of a stall door, then footsteps slowly coming closer to the door. Alya suddenly appeared in front of me, tear stained cheeks and mascara running down her face. I could hear her breath catch in her throat before she spoke.
"What do you want?" She said, starring at me with a surprisingly blank look on her beautiful face.
"There's something you need to know. " I started.
"What? That you're sorry? If that's it then you could've just texted, you've already been blowing up my phone for the past half hour."
She leaned back against the wall, crossing her arms. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked down at her shoes. I hadn't realized how much this affected her, I didn't know what I could say to fix this. But if I couldn't think, then fixing had to wait. As much as I wanted to wipe the tears from her eyes and hold her for as long as she needed, I had to tell her about tonight.
"Yeah, I am sorry but there's something else you need to know, Park found out that I lied. And now he's making us perform at the showcase tonight."
I told her. Trying to sound calm and not let her see how scared I was to see her reaction.
"I told you, you didn't have to do that. I said I was ready! Now look what happened. I can't perform in front of everyone like that. Not tonight, with out any preparation! And now we're both going to fail because of you."
Her words cut through the me like a knife. I hated to see her like this. She was right though, I got selfish and lied to Park just because I lost faith in Alya.
" You're right. It is my fault. If I hadn't doubted you this wouldn't have happened."

*Alya's POV*
I didn't know what to say. I couldn't believe he blamed himself for this. After everything he's done for me, him saying that was probably the hardest one for me to understand. I took a few steps toward him, crossing the threshold of the doorway to where he stood. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that I'm just-"
Miles pulled away just enough to cup my chin in his right hand. The warmth of his body pressed tightly against mine was calming. The smell of his cologne- a strong pine scent is never noticed before, it was making me lose my mind. I couldn't think, I saw him leaning in, filling all but about two inches of the space between us.
" If you insist on blaming this all on yourself then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree." He said in a low affirming voice. He lifted my chin just the tiniest little bit and he leaned in. Our lips touched, he moved his hand from my cheek and wrapped both arms around me. It didn't seem like either of us wanted to let go.