Chapter 5

Christine had been waiting for Raoul to come home for some time now, when she was unable to find him at the Opera House, she just went straight home, but he wasn't there either. She had a long conversation with the former maid Henrietta, she stopped by to see Annette. I hate Annette. She thought to herself.

Christine's gaze turned toward the door as it swung open, Raoul walked inside with his head down. He looked sad. This is my fault. 

Raoul shut the door and moved into the study, he was quite surprised to see Christine standing there waiting for him. He was even more surprised to see she was very pregnant, "Christine," he swallowed, "What are you doing here."

Christine was silent for a moment, just taking in the expression on his face, she knew she'd hurt him, "I needed to talk to you."

"I can-" Raoul paused for just a second, taking another look at her, "I see that."

"You may want to sit down, I suppose." Christine uttered, sitting down on the sofa.

Raoul sat next to her, but kept his distance.

"This is the hardest thing I've ever had to tell anyone," Christine frowned.

"Christine, Annette is pregnant as well." Raoul spit out, "Only a month or two, and-"

Christine frowned, "That's so great, I'm-" she paused, "I'm happy for you two."

"And it's not mine. I thought at first it was, but once I realized I'd hurt you, I stopped seeing her." Raoul admitted, "Is- Is this- Is it mine?" he asked, referring to Christine being pregnant.

Christine looked at him, almost shocked considering how long she'd been gone. She looked down at her belly and shook her head, "No, Raoul,"

"It's his." Raoul mumbled.

"So is-" Christine froze, how could she tell him everything she needed to. He's almost completely changed and it would destroy him.

"So is, what?" Raoul looked from her belly to her eyes. I miss you so much, Christine. If only I could tell you. Raoul frowned.

"Gustave." Christine said only loud enough for him to hear.

Raoul couldn't speak at first, he just stared at her, his face flushed with the color red, but not out of embarrassment, out of anger. Pure anger.

"Say something," Christine uttered, she saw his emotion change completely, just looking at him now made her tense up.

"I always knew," Raoul admitted quietly, "He was just so different, and- and now you've had two with him- that's just great." he narrowed his eyes, "Have you ever loved me?"

"I do." Christine moved away from him some more.

"Have you ever even cared for me? Was this all just a joke to you?" Raoul began to shout, but then took a deep breath, "You- You do..." he shook his head and looked down. She does. He then pulled her closer and kissed her, he kissed her rather roughly, mostly out of anger, but he had always loved her, even when he had a fling with Annette, he still loved her.

Christine couldn't help but to melt under him, she slightly kissed him back. She wrapped an arm around his neck as he moved her flat on the sofa and moved on top of her.

"Christine," Raoul said quietly, "Prove it."

"Prove what?" Christine breathed quietly, she leaned her head back as he started to kiss her neck.

"That you love me." Raoul moved his way back to her lips, he reached his hand to the back of her, starting to unbutton her dress.

As much as Christine didn't want him to stop, she pulled away, "We can't do this." she mumbled.

"Why not?" Raoul subtly smirked, "We are married still." he said quietly.

"I love him too." Christine admitted, "For a while now. I didn't know it was possible to love more than one man, it's killing me." she frowned, "I'm sorry."

Raoul huffed, he thought to himself for a moment before speaking, "I guess I'll just have to change that then." he said and carefully rolled them onto the floor, he pinned her to the ground, "I'm very angry with you, I'm just not showing it." he roughly kissed her and started to unbutton her dress again.

Christine moved closer to him and in return he bit her lip, "You may not be showing it, but I can feel it. Be gentle, I'm pregnant still." she said quietly.

"I'll try." Raoul rolled his eyes as he unbuttoned the last button.