Chapter 4

Dawn came prancing towards me, a huge grin on her glowing face. She was shining brightly, her golden hair illuminating the morning as she skipped through the waning darkness. She was perfect and joyful and beautiful, all in all, she pissed me off. Squealing she ran towards me and enveloped me in a warm hug, she smelt like springtime and sunbeams, and her long golden hair was in my face.

“Havoc! You look so pretty.” She said in her bubbly high-pitched voice. I tried not to strangle her.

I smiled back and said in an inane voice, “Oh my goodness, so do you!” She blushed and shone brighter, not noticing my sarcasm.

“I love mornings, don’t you?” Then she proceeded to talk about how wonderful life was and how fabulous mornings were until I could barely stop myself from slapping the girl.

Why didn’t I, you ask? Because if I did she would start crying and go all dark on us and all the mortals would die without light, and I would be blamed for it, so I listen to her stupid chatter for as long as I can before saying, “I know right! I’m really sorry, but I have to go home.” And I walked away. I sighed with relief, but then I heard her jogging up beside me. Groaning inwardly I looked at her beaming self.

“I’ll walk you home, there’s something I wanted to talk to you about anyway.” I care so much. The light dimmed and I noticed that she was crying.

This was bad, I had to do something to stop it, quickly I said, “Hey, what’s wrong, why are you crying?” She stopped walking and fell into my arms. Surprised and a little freaked out by this show of non-bubbliness, I didn’t say anything and just held her.

She mumbled something into my jacket but I couldn’t hear her, so I responded, “What was that you said?”

The sky darkened dramatically as she raised her face, which was streaked with tears and wailed, “I don’t want you to die!” Woah!

“I’m not going to die!” I exclaimed; where did you hear that?

                “Yes you are! Everyone’s talking about it. Zeus says that any demigod who kills you will become immortal.” I must say, after the initial shock, I’m quite flattered, becoming immortal is no small thing, so he must really want me dead. Also, Ares’s message makes more sense now. Zeus wants me executed.

                “Don’t worry about it. I’m a big girl, I can deal with some demigods, besides, I’m sure it’s just a big misunderstanding.” Dawn sniffs, her face looking more hopeful, it’s actually kind of sweet that she cares so much.

                “You really think so?” I nod and she smiles again, the sky brightening drastically. “Great! Bye.” She skips off and I sigh with relief.

                I’ve just entered the trailer park when a teenager dressed in full Greek armor comes rushing towards me, his sword raised high as he screams a battle cry. Hey, that rhymed. I step aside and he rushes past. Built like an ox, he’s huge, but slow to change directions. As he rushes me again I jump to the side, stick a foot out, and watch him crash to the ground. Neat. Then I jump in him wrapping my arms around his neck. He gets to his feet, and lumbers about, unable to breath. I don’t want to kill the guy, so I wait until he’s looking pretty out of it before letting him go. He falls on his knees, spent as I walk towards my trailer.

                “Dad.” I call as I throw open the door. He’s watching TV. Turning he opens his mouth to say what I don’t know, because at that moment hear the whistle of something. I duck as an arrow flies over my head, burying itself in the opposite wall. “I may have a problem.”

------------------

Short chapter, sorry. Vote if you like it and comment to hel me improve. Thanks!