Chapter 4

“Liz! As a welcome to the studio type thing, I’ve gotten you a gift!” Nick shouted as I walked into the studio a few days later. I was a bit confused because I couldn’t imagine him knowing enough about me to figure out what to get me. He handed me a small envelope an then headed out, leaving me alone with the boys as always. I opened the envelope and saw 2 tickets to a show Birdy was doing at a small club somewhere in London. I immediately texted him a big thank you since I was definitely a huge fan of hers. But then a small cloud of sadness came over me when I realized I had only been here a few days and had yet to really make a single friend.

“What’d he get you?” Louis asked as he looked up from his phone. “Tickets to a small concert this upcoming weekend,” I said with a slight grin. The conversation quickly moved to some other topic the boys wanted to talk about, I think it was something about what Liam should get his girlfriend for her birthday. As time passed we decided to get dinner. As always, the boys headed out to get it while I stayed behind. Oddly though, Zayn and Harry both stayed behind. Zayn went into a corner and was skyping his sisters back home and Harry just sat at the table with me. I surprisingly enjoyed the company, mainly because he only asked interesting questions about what I was doing on the computer. After about 5 minutes he shot a look to Zayn, who completely ignored it while talking away to his family, then looked back at me and asked if I wanted to go out back for some fresh air. As we walked out back to a small closed in alley way, we leaned against the wall and discussed some music we had a mutual interest for.

“Seriously?” Harry halfway shouted at some point. “Yeah, why?” I replied, a bit dumbfounded. “I’ve never met someone who had The Basement Tapes on vinyl!” Harry quickly said back, looking at me like I had a third eye or something.

“Well, yeah. I’m a huge Bob Dylan fan and am in college for music, obviously I’m going to have quiet the collection…” I said, hoping he’d stop giving me such an odd look.

“I’m impressed,” he said with a cheeky grin, “oh who is the concert you’re going to see?”

When I answered “Birdy” he immediately knew who she was and mentioned something about hearing about the concert. “That’ll be fun, I hear she’s really good in person,” he said as he started to walk back toward the door.

The idea to ask to the concert hit me in that second. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I for some reason became super scared. What if he thinks I’m taking him hanging out with me just now as a him having a crush on me, when in reality he was just being nice? All those teenage girl fears came rushing back, just as he turned around and asked, “What?”

Before I could second guess myself I blurted out, “well, I have a second ticket and no one to go with, if you’re interested.”

“That’d be awesome!” He said with a grin. I felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off my shoulders, but why in the world had I become so interested in Harry all of the sudden?