Chapter 6

She started running, expecting someone to come after her, yet no one did. She got to the station and still nobody had come after her. She could tell she was no longer a part of that family. When she reached the station she called Zac.

“Hello?” Zac said his voice was a bit muffled due to bad reception.

“I need help I’m at the station, can I meet you somewhere?”

“Can this wait till the morning?” Zac obviously wanted to go to bed.

“Not really as I won’t have anywhere to go until morning!” Zara had started crying.

“Why can’t you go to your parents’ house?” Zac was confused.

“I’ve run away from home, and I know I’m not wanted back because no one came after me.” Zara was now having a full blown sob.

A concerned Zac said “Don’t worry I’ll meet you at Fulbrook station in half an hour, the next train is in 10 minutes.”

“Thank you so much!” Zara had stopped sobbing by now. “See you in a bit.”

So many thoughts were rushing through Zara’s head that there wasn’t a single one that she could concentrate on. What had she done? Why hadn’t her parents come after her? These were all rhetorical questions she knew she couldn’t answer. Right now she really needed a hug, anyone would do.