Chapter 14

When he went in, Professor Corbel had Luke’s paper in his hand. Luke sat down next to the fireplace so desperate to hear how he’d got on. The Professor handed him his paper, on the front in capital letter it said 91% PASS. Luke couldn’t describe his emotions; it was the most amazing feeling in the world!

“Congratulations Luke, SABRE would be glad to offer you a place although before you accept, I will warn you that to the outside world we are just the normal school of St Martins. Only people who get accepted into the academy get to know who we really are.” The Professor seemed deadly serious in what he was saying and Luke wasn’t prepared to get thrown out on his first day. “Before you go Luke I would just like to let you know that from tomorrow, you’ll be on a strict fitness regime, no pudding, no pies, no sweets, and no treats!”

“Oh ok?” Luke didn’t quite know why at this stage but he was sure that soon he would find out.

“Great I hope to be seeing much more of you Luke Salford!”

Luke walked out of the room wanting to cry, he couldn’t wait to find Zara and see how she got on.

Luke burst into tears as he entered the room, although Zara had already done her crying. She was over the moon as she’d been offered a full time place at SABRE and couldn’t believe it! Luke picked her up and gave her a huge hug! He’d been offered a full time place as well.  Neither of them could believe it and they both began to cry!

They couldn’t control their excitement and couldn’t wait to find out how Zac had got on and tell Elliot. When Zac walked through the door he looked very happy but not over the moon.

“So how did you get on?” Zara asked her brother.

“Brilliant I got a place and will be allowed to live on the complex! How did you get on?” Her brother’s amazement had begun to sink in.

“Me and Luke both got places!” Zara started to cry again and pulled Luke and her brother into a huge hug.