Chapter 11

The train pulled into London Waterloo at 5:30 the next morning, everyone was shattered. When they got off the train Luke wasn’t exactly sure what they were going to do, as he’d never been to London before.

“Over here Luke!” Zara shouted.

“Coming,” Luke ran over to Zara and the boys. They were busy at the ticket machine buying tube passes. “Where are we going?”

No one answered his question as they were all too busy on the ticket machines, he felt bad as he wasn’t able to do anything but the whole experience was new to him. He’d been on aeroplanes, boats, hot air balloons but never on a tube.

“Luke are you scared of heights?” Elliot asked a really random question but it made Luke nervous.

“No, why?”

“Oh I was just wondering don’t worry!” The tone of Elliot’s voice was reassuring.

They all began to head towards the Northern Line. It seemed as if Elliot and Zac were in a rush to get somewhere. Once they got on the train, it wasn’t too busy, so they sat down for their 10 minute journey. When they got off the fresh air made a big difference to the hot stuffy underground. Zac said they were going to stop in Starbucks for some breakfast, Luke insisted on paying with his debit card which had over £4,000.00 on it.

Zara had a bacon buttie along with Zac and Luke while Elliot just had yoghurt. The coffee woke them all up and gave them the energy to start walking round again. Once they left Starbucks Elliot said they would have a 30 minute walk to where they needed to get to. Luke really wasn’t up for the walk but he didn’t want to be left alone in London with nowhere to go.