Chapter 20

Later that night, I snuck out, leaving PJ naked and passed out on the couch. I grabbed his keys and left, driving home on my own. My phone had died, so Chris was probably freaking out.

I ignored all the speed limit signs and hit the pedal, making it to PJ's in no time. I pulled into the drive way, Chris ran out of the house screaming.

"shut up you wanker" I hissed at him.

"where have you been, where is PJ? And why doesn't look like you have been crying? Don't cry...I told you to stop crying!" He rambled on and on.

"me and PJ had sex"

He stopped talking, his face showing nothing but hurt. He spun around on his heels and walked back inside.

I followed his footsteps to the door, but then stopped when I heard a click coming from the direction of the handle.

"Chris, unlock the door"

I shook the doorknob for a while, kicking the door in frustration before giving up. I walked around the side of the house, searching for my bedroom window.

I spotted a rusty ladder hidden behind the bushes in his backyard. I slipped my hands into my sleeves, trying to not to get rust on my skin. I pulled back really hard, managing to remove the latter from the tangle of leaves.

I placed it up against, my window, finding that it wasn't close enough. I sighed and shook my head, assuming I could just jump up three feet nd climb through.

I climes as fast as I could, stopping whenever the ladder shook. I pulled my window open and pushed myself up. But with my luck, the ladder fell, leaving my feet dangling.

"shit" I pushed my self up further, trying to put my feet on some solid edge.

I kicked the wall of the house, screaming Chris' name through the window. My door was closed, but I'm sure my voice would carry through.

My window started sliding down, my fingers were starting to hurt and I was slipping. My door opened, Chris rushed over to help. But when he grabbed my hands I fell.

My back hit the ground at full speed, knocking the wind out of me (that seems to happen a lot). I hit my head on the top of the ladder. My vision was all fuzzy, and I had  massive headache. I closed my eyes for a second.

Ok, I under exaggerated that. It was more like a week.