Chapter 16

BUTTERCUP'S POV

My head, it's spinning endlessly. And I'm stuck in like some kind of trance..

"Sunhive, check her status!"

"She's 60% hydrated, unconscious, her heartbeat is slowly beating, her back is sore , maybe it will take a few weeks to heal, and death rate 1.9%" gasps sounds filled up the room for a moment.

"Doctor! We're losing her!"

What is that sound? Gah, it's making my headache even worse.

"Shush it Denkark, we're not losing yet!"

Probably some guys with video games..

'"Should we use the electrolysis?" A feminine voice asked.

"No! Wouldn't it make her death rise?"

"Wait....Code Red! She's losing some oxygen!" Someone shouted.

"Nanii!? How can you tell?" Someone stupidly asked.

"I would fire you if I could.."

"Where's the fricken oxygen mask?! "

"IDK! It could be anywhere!"

"Got it!" Then suddenly I felt something shoved onto my face.

It made me breath more easily. Which made my eyes flutter open.

"Success!!" Everyone around the room cheered.

Feeling uneasy, I sat up from the bed ad looked around the room. To my surprise, I'm in an emergency room! Which was in the school. Even I don't know why, or how it's possible.

Out of nowhere, I've been pushed down, making me lay down on the bed again.

"Now now officer, you can't just get up after that whole fiasco, you must rest!" I looked beside me and to my surprise, it's a doctor, student, who has a mask covering one third of his face.

"Wait.. I've never seen you around at the red and pink hallway, or at school, just.. who are you? Sorry, " I asked politely.

He seems nervous and slightly shaking but he quickly shrugged it off. He quickly changed the topic.

"That's for another different situation, you must know this terrible news , or wonderful, however you look at it..." he hesitated for awhile , a nurse with cute pink uniform handed him a clipboard.

Then suddenly something popped out of my mine, I remember this one fact about myself at the moment. "Wait, are saying about my 'mc'?!" Oh noo no nooo, I wouldn't be able to be at school! Who would protect the students! ? Who would manage the station?! Who would be making sure that justice will win here?!

"Why yes! Buttercup, you'll be having a week vacation! Just to heal yourself. And if you're even thinking about coming here to this school on that time of period, we will make sure to send you back home!" He cheered , somehow I felt like he's threatening me.

"But, who's gonna be my substitute?!" I stressed, as he just grinned at me while signing an MC slip.

"Aaw geez, I'm sure you'll be able to find out."

"Can I alteast see the prefects? I need to hold a meeting immediately!"

His grin vanished as his nervousness appeared again.. "Well... you could, but you need someone assisting you-"

Suddenly the door swangged open. "I volunteer!" A guy shouted. At some point, my vision was blurry but soon, I saw Butch fricken Kanifujo with, idk what kind of expression was that, on his face.

I growled at him and when I tried to protest, the doctor student put a hand on my shoulder and whispered "just let him be, isn't that sweet of him to volunteer for you?"

I sighed and when I was trying to stand up, he dashed right beside me and grabbed one of my arm , placing it around his shoulder with one of his arm support me by placing it behind my waist. The Doctor student lend me the MC slip.

"I hope you'll heal fast. Well, you should, now off you go!"

Right after that, we were out of the room , walking steadily and carefully.

There was an awkward silence between us."Butch.....why are you doing this? Shouldn't you go to class at this time? Or.... don't you have somewhere to go or something? " I managed to say.

"Come on, you'd think that I would leave you when it's partly my fault you got injured like this? Beside, I was so worried that I stayed there, listening to you guys inside, I just.." he mumbled quietly for only me to hear. "Don't want to lose you.."

Really then? Our walk to the prefects' arch, which is the blue and green arch for Armed force, Welfare and Peacekeepers in the school. Did I mention that this is a two way path?

Finally, we reached to the Spikey Door. Why is it spikey? It's because to determine if we prefects are willing to sacrifice ourselves to get into the room.

However, I've done enough sacrificing, so I called Robin from my walkie talkie to hold a meeting at the conference room.

"Agent Robbie, there's some pretty bad news going on now, o need you to announce a meeting at the conference room at 4 o'clock now," I spoke with a serious tone.

"Got it!"

Checking my watch, it's 3.43pm. About 15 more minutes then. I glanced at Butch, who was looking quite sleepy. "Uhm...sorry I know, you've must be tired of assisting me like this so..."

He quickly shook his head and tried to cover his tired self with an enthusiastic face."No, no! I would never be tired of helping you"

I bite my lower lip and stared at him right in the eye, "Don't lie, I know you're tired by the look on your face, so please... you don't have to assist me any lon-" without noticing, he pulled me into a bear hug, which was also aching my back.

"Shuush, you know me, whatever you need help with, I will always be your shining armour, denial my offer of helping you all you want, but I will always be by your side, so shhh" he mumbled.

"Hey...you're..ow" I winced in pain. Noticing his mistake, he let go of hugging me and back to the earlier position.

"Sorry.." he apologised

"Nothing to worry about, but are you sure you want to escort me all the way to the conference room?" I asked worryingly.

"Did you even hear what I was saying? Of course I will flower. Come on, let's go and get this done."