no. 24

Zayn's P.O.V

After spending the day with Liam and my mom I actually slept alone, well, which was the first in a long time.

I wake up to my alarm, signalling that I need to shower and get ready for school. Yuck. I shower fast, washing my hair and body before rinsing out letting Halsey's voice join my morning routine.

I decide to go lazy, one because it's Monday and I'm still tired despite the fact that I slept well. Odd.

I slip on some Calvin Klein plain black leggings and a random big plant tshirt with my clunky white nikes. (Outfit at the top)

I finish getting ready, adding a last touch of classic raspberry lip balm before opening my phone to see Liam texted me. I read it but decide not to answer since he's probabl downstairs talking to my mom.

I grab my backpack, and phone before running down my stairs to see what I expected. Liam and my mother lost in a conversation over the tiny dining table in the kitchen. He turns to face me, eyes trailing up and down my body making me flush.

I shake off the heat and show him a small smile before enveloping my mother in a tight hug, kissing her forehead.

"Love ya mum" I mumble into her forehead before grabbing Liam and run out to his car. I reach for the door but Liam's hands find their way onto my hips and I'm turned to face him, pressed against the car.

"Leggings are a good look for you." Liam speaks lowly, his eyes flickering to my thin legs that black material are currently hugging.

I smile and peck his lips quickly but Liam presses his body onto my own to deepen my innocent gesture. I place my hands on his hard chest to push him away softly. Liam takes the hint and brushes a stray black hair behind my ear before kissing the tip of my nose.

*********

I am tackled in the parking lot by Kat and Phoebe who I haven't seen in days.

"I have missed you, you beautiful ray of sunshine!" Kat screams picking me up slightly causing laughs to slip from my lips.

"I missed you both more we can't just go weekends without hanging out." I agree with her hugging them both once more.

"So, Liam and you?" Kat asked placing a hand on my hip. I turn to see Liam leaning against the other side of the car, most likely waiting for me to finish my conversation so we can walk in together.

I blush a shrug causing screams to release from their lips and they jump up and down with excitement.

"Yes! Fuck yes! Thank god he's done being an asshole" Phoebe whispers the last part so Liam wouldn't hear making me turn back to look at him, giggling.

We part ways and I turn back to Liam who's waiting patiently against the car, flashing me a heart warming smile. Our hands meet and we walk through the doors of the school.

*********

I expected stares and we got them. Everyone was looking at us, and if not us directly our hands that we're binder together.

I flush and duck my head but Liam squeezes his hand in mine for comfort. It's like this school hasn't heard or seen a gay couple before. I try to avert my eyes from Tracy who's leaning against a random locker with her friends standing beside her, arms crossed. I could almost feel the hate burning my back as we passed them.