59

Out of nowhere the ground shook again and I grabbed hold of Killian for support. Once it was over Emma started up the argument again. "This plan could fail, we use that bean now and we can get away for sure. We will survive" she said but Mary Margaret wore a look of pain.

"But's it's wrong" she said "Emma, I killed her mother."

"You did that to Cora because you had to" Emma snapped.

"I did it because it was easy" Mary Margaret retorted "It was a mistake. There were other paths. Harder paths, and I wish I had taken them. So please, Emma, honey. Let's take the hard path, because if we don't we will be building a future on Regina's blood." There was silence once Mary Margaret had finished her speech and I looked from Emma to Henry to Killian to everyone else in expectancy.

"Okay" Emma said eventually giving in. David took the pouch that held the bean from his waist and chucked it to Emma but Killian let go of my hand and grabbed it before she could get it.

"Killian..." I cautioned.

"You've all gone mad" he said and waved the pouch about in the air.

"Give it back" Emma yelled and dived for him but David grabbed hold of her and held her back.

"I say, if she wants to die for us, then let her" he said and I stared at him in shock, I was lost for words.

"Look, it might be stupid and crazy. But we're doing it" Emma said "So you can join us, and be a part of something, or you can do what you do best. And be alone" she said and I shook my head.

"He's not alone, and never will be again" I promised Emma. But I turned to Killian. "Give me the bean" I said. He sighed and gave in handing the pouch to me, and I gave it to Emma.

There was a breath of relief in the room and the people dispersed around us. "I thought you said you would follow me?" Killian asked and I nodded.

"And I will, you know that. But let's pick the right path to walk down" I said. Killian pulled a face

"Why are you doing this? For Henry?" he asked.

"Killian, Henry lost his father. He shouldn't have to lose a mother as well. And he's my friend" I said. Killian raised an eyebrow at me.

"Who's his father?" he asked.

"Didn't you know? Neal's was his father" I said. Killian's eyes widened at me. "What?" I asked and he shook his head.

"His name was Baelfire" he said and I nodded.

"Yeah..." I muttered and I made to follow the others.

"Wait, Adaline" Killian said and I turned to look at him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me close. "Look, we can ensure our survival, I have the bean. Let's go and live like we used to" he said. He held out his hand and in it was the clear, magical bean.

"Killian..." I breathed and I could feel tears burn my eyes. "Killian, I can't--"

"You said you would follow me to the ends of the earth" he said and I nodded.

"I know... but I can't leave them" I said and pointed towards the door.

"Adaline, please. I can't lose you again and I don't want to die if their plan doesn't work" he began but I interrupted

"Well it won't now!" I exclaimed and pointed at the bean.

"Please, don't back out on me now" he begged and I knew that I couldn't bear to leave him again, even if it meant leaving all the others behind.

"Let's go, before I change my mind" I said.

We reached the Jolly Rodger and Killian set sail. I watched as the docks of Storybrooke grew further and further away from us. I couldn't look at him as we sailed and my eyes were fixed on the dock. But something caught my eye. I frowned when I saw three people approach the dock that we had just left from. "Killian--" I muttered.

"What?" he asked softly. I watched as one person threw something into the water and a portal was made. Four more people ran up just as the three jumped into the water. I recognized them as they jumped. Greg, Tamara and Henry.

"Killian, we have to go back. Now!" I ordered.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because Henry has just been forced into a portal with those two lunatics you were helping. We have to go back" I begged.

"But it's still not safe there" he said and I shook my head and pointed to the trees that had gone from the middle of town.

"No, look. The trees are gone. Please, it's safe" I begged. He thought about it for a moment before nodding.

"Fine" he grumbled and turned the ship around.

"Thank you" I said and kissed him "I knew I loved you for a reason" I smiled.

"I thought it was my dashing good looks" he teased and I laughed.

"I love that too, but I think I would settle for anything that was a part of you" I smiled and kissed him again.

"Any part..." he muttered and looked down at his hooked left hand. I smiled and ran my fingers along the smooth, cold metal.

"I wish that, you could see, your scars turn into beauty" I sang and Killian smiled remembering the words from our song.