24

Killain's POV

I traveled with the woman for a while, and I eventually grew tired of their incessant chatter so I walked ahead of them for most of it. Eventually we reached the place Cora had said this stupid compass would be. "Up ahead. We'll find the compass just over the ridge" I said looking back and pointing out the place to them.

"Do you get the feeling he's leading us exactly where Cora wants us? That this whole thing's a trap?" I heard Swan say and I rolled my eyes to myself but they couldn't see as I had turned my back on them.

"It's definitely a trap. As long as we know they're trying to play us, we can-" Swan said but her mother interrupted her.

"Stay one step ahead of them" she said.

"Exacultly" Swan replied.

We walked on and eventually came to the base of the large bean stalk. "I'm guessing the compass is up there?" Swan asked and I nodded.

"Where else?" I asked back and she glared at me.

"So how to we get it?" she asked and I shook my head.

"It's not the climb you need to worry about, it's the giant a the top" I chuckled and Swan glared at me harder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adaline's POV

I was sat on the sofa in Mary Margret's apartment, David was sat next to me and Henry was fast asleep in bed. We were sat in dead silence, the only noise was the low hum that the cooling system in the fridge emitted. "What are we going to do?" I asked breaking the silence and David shook his head.

"For once I have no idea, I just know that we need to get Snow and Emma back. But how we go about doing that..." he said and his words trailed off into nothing. There was another long silence when a scream from Henry made us jump up and run to his bedside.

We found him sat bolt up right in the bed a fearful look on his face. "Henry? Henry? Hey, hey, hey, hey. You're okay, you're okay. You're okay, you're okay" David said trying to comfort him.

"I... I just had the worst nightmare" Henry said and sniffed. Both David and I sat down on the bed and tried to sooth him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked and Henry paused thinking about it before nodding. I watched as David light a candle on the bedside and Henry talked.

"I... I was in this room, and... And it was red. And there was no doors, no windows. And these curtains... And they were on fire. And... I was in this corner. And... And... And... And I was looking out, and there was someone else there. She was staring at me through the flames. Th-Then I woke up and..." he said and I smiled.

"Hey, it's alright" I smiled "Its over now"

"Will you sing?" Henry asked and David frowned at me but I ignored him.

"Of course" I said with a smiled and began to sing for him. David smiled and left us while Henry wiggled down into the sheets and drifted back off to sleep.