Chapter one

After being rejected by Chizuru, Chikage found himself wandering in the woods; lost in his thoughts. He let out a big sigh as he looks up to the sunset sky. Just a split second he heard cracking noise from the trees and then followed by a huge loud gunshot. He barely avoid it, it hit him in the right shoulder. Though as soon as the bullet hit him, he was able to locate the shooter and cut him down swiftly. With a stinging pain, he clutches his shoulder. It was painful and bleeding greatly, the wound had no sign of healing. He pulled out the bullets with his bare hands and screaming in excruciating paint, but to no avail; it was deep inside and it was silver bullet. He walks along the trail with his other hand clutching onto his shoulder in order to stop the bleeding. He walks and walks until it felt like hours, he felt so weak; very human like and he despise it. Just as he was nearing some sort of a farm, he was burning up and breathing heavily.

"Are you alright?!"

He heard a girl yell and ran to him, he couldn't see properly as his consciousness was slipping. In his dream, he saw Chizuru; smiling to him and her back walking away. The next thing he sees was an old ceiling of a wooden house. He finds himself in a warm futon with his wound clean and bandage, a wet towel on top of his head. He looks around in the unfamiliar surroundings, and found only a door and an altar with a picture of an old happy couple and a smiling little girl. Just as he about to reach the picture, the door slid open and came in a beautiful girl. She was fair-skinned, her hair was black that falls to her hips and with a hime style bangs. Her eyes were light brown and her face reminds him a lot of Chizuru.

"I brought...food. You were asleep for almost 2 days and I was afraid that you won't wake up at all"

She said as she set the plate of three rice balls next to him. Chikage stared at her curiously as she pours tea.

"My name is Kujou Chihana..."

She introduced herself with a smile and offered him the tea.

"Kazama Chikage"

He introduced himself concisely, she gave him an unsatisfied look.

"You don't like to talk much huh?"

She asked as he sips the tea and stared at her in return.

"You...you're not a commoner."

He pointed out her polite elegant speech. She looks at him in surprise and then softens into a smile.

"What do you mean?"

She asked, Chikage frowned in return.

"You speak like as of those who were raised as nobles"

It was her turn to frown. But Chihana tucked her hair behind her ears and pour some more drinks for him.

"Your wound..."

Chihana whispered as she glances at his bandaged shoulder.

"What?"

He glanced where she did; his bandage was clean, as if the wound was no longer there.

"It healed...as if it wasn't there in the first place"

He scoffed and smirk at her in amusement. She was taken aback, but kept her composer.

"So you know what I am then?"

Suddenly Chihana got up and walks to the door.

"It's either you have special healing powers or...just not human"

She stated her opinion before going out the door, leaving it open. He can see outside was the common room and then the kitchen, it was a small house. His eyes wander around the house, it was well kept and neat. Then his eye rests onto the neatly triangle shaped rice balls. He picked up and stares at it suspiciously.

"I'll assure you it's not poisoned"

Chihana appeared out nowhere and took the rice ball from his hands and ate it to convince him. He stared at her indifferently.

"I already knew it wasn't"

He said, taking the half eaten rice ball back from her hand and ate it. Chihana's cheeks flushed in respond.

"W-well..why did you look at it as if it was?!"

She stammered, Chikage stared at her with his unchanging expression.  He was more suspicious of her identity than what she might do.