Chapter Six

Ten years ago in Yukimura's village, Chihana was hanging their laundries at the back of their house when the twins ran up to her, with Kaoru almost dragging his sister behind him. "Chihana-nee~!" Kaoru energetically waved at their sister, Chihana smiled and waved back. "What are you doing here? you're not supposed to call me that outside" Kaoru pouted while Chizuru finally able to catch up. "But, mother said you're our sister. Why?" Chizuru asked, Chihana took their hands in hers and smiled. "Because father won't like it, no matter what mother says" Chihana said.

It was true, ever since she was taken in. Her father did not like her at all, not knowing she was his own. He only took her in when the twin's mother proposed that they adopt her in order to maintain peace between the two clans. Chihana wondered why she did what she did and wondered if she knew the truth, even though she treated Chihana the way she's is her own. Her father, however hated that the fact a Mikazuki is part of them and no one knows why they hated them so much since they used to be close to the Mikazuki clan. "Chihana..." the twins jolted when they hear their mother calling Chihana and ran away. "Chihana-chan, where are you?" she called out to Chihanna once again from her bedroom window. "Yes, mother...i'm coming" Chihana answered as she hung the last bed sheet and hurried back inside.

"Yes, Mother?" Chihana sat by the screen door, waiting to be given orders. "Chihana-chan? would you come in and keep me company?" her voice was weak, it worried Chihana. The twin's mother had been weak ever since she gave birth to the twins and Chihana was the one given the responsibility of taking care of the twins. "Mother, how are you feeling today?"Chihana asked as she pour her mother tea from her coffee table as her mother sat up on her futon. "I'm fine, how are you Chihana-chan?" her mother reached out to touch her bruised arm, Chihana quickly covered it by pulling the sleeve of her kimono. "Everything's fine, the twins are getting good at reading, better than me...i must say" mother smiled meekly as she caressed her arm as if to apologize for it. Suddenly a loud crashing sound was heard from outside the corridor, at the thought of the twins, Chihana ran outside out of panic. With her heart pounding in her chest, she walked towards the end of the corridor and to her horror, Kaoru was kneeling next to her sister who was cradling her bleeding arm and around them was shards of porcelain of teacups and the two was trembling vigorously. "what happened?" Chihana's voice was calm as she kneels down taking Chizuru's arm cautiously. "Oh dear, what happened?" Their mother was out of bed and clung onto the pillar for support as she leaned in. "Chihana take your sister to the doctor before your fathe-" "I told you to stay away from her!" Chihana felt like her heart dropped when she heard her father's voice and footsteps stomping loudly towards her and she braced herself for an impact without even turning around. But she felt him grabbed her by the arm and roughly tossed aside, where she trip on her own feet and fell onto the floor. "Dear, go back to your room and rest, I'll handle the kids" she heard him say and trying her best not to look at him directly as she was warned not to since young, but she saw that he carried Chizuru away. When they were out of sight, Chihana let out her breath that she held on without realising and felt sudden throbbing of her forearm where he grabbed her. But the pain was nothing compared to the pain she was feeling inside and was forced to keep it inside for years, that time, she couldn't. She gathered her strength and push herself back up, fighting the tears that were forcing itself to roll down her cheeks.

Chihana grab everything she could carry and left the village, she left with hatred lingering in her heart, her hatred towards her siblings and her parents.

///
Author's note: hey there! I'm sorry I have been MIA due to being sick a lot lately but I'm healthier and back now!