Chapter Two

I woke up and it was 3:00.

I'd slept for a few hours.

I scratched at my head, trying to decide what I should do. I got out my phone and I had a text.

It was from Liam.

"Hey babe hows Ri? call me"

I wanted to call him, really.

But I had something to do.

I'm sure some people knew because of all the paps that follow me trying to find something to tear me and Liam apart, but I had been secretly performing at bars and things of that nature. Singing was something i never thought of doing as a career, it was more of something i did for enjoyment. I didn't think I was good enough to make a living off of. I had learned how to play guitar from Niall and I was actually pretty confident in my abilities.

I slipped out of the clothes I was wearing and put on black skinny jeans and a Drop Dead shirt.

Guitars tuned and next to me, (I had an acoustic and an electric) I stood on the stage of a dimly lit, smoke filled pub.

my setlist:

Deathbeds - Bring Me The Horizon.

Somewhere In Neverland - All Time Low

The Reckless And The Brave - All Time Low

Backseat Serenade - All Time Low

Say Something - A Great Big World

During the first song, more people started showing up. being in a relationship with a major celebrity meant I attracted people.

There was a group of teenage girls that didn't look like stereotypical One Direction fans- they were wearing all black, had face piercings, & one had purple and blue scene hair.

I finished the first 3 songs and sipped on some water.

"So what's goin on tonight everyone?" I asked. the crowd cheered and whooped- to be fair most were drunk.

"awesome! okay so this next song I've never performed before. it's one of my favorites. if you know it, sing with me. here it goes- backseat serenade!"

"Lazy lover, find a place for me again..." I sang. the three girls sang along with me, causing me to smile. I became lost in the song, I didn't even realize I was crying until I finished the song.

"Well, I'm gonna take a break. be back in ten minutes." I said, taking my guitar off and placing it on the stage next to my micstand.

I grabbed a napkin and wiped at me eyes, heading to the bathroom to check my makeup.

The girls walked in a few minutes later.

"hey, I was wondering, could we get an autograph?" A girl with purple and black hair asked.

"What? Why? I'm not famous."

"Well, you're dating a celebrity, and you're an amazing singer..." Another girl said, this one's hair was normal.

"Umm, I guess. What's your names?" I said as they all handed me journals out of their bags. They noticed the scars and cuts on my wrists as my bracelets shuffled around on my wrist while I reached for the journals. The reason I knew this is because of the look they shared with eachother and then gave me.

There names were Fae, Bella, and Brodie.

As I handed Bella her journal I noticed a line of fresh-looking cuts running from the place where your wrist and hand meet to the middle of her forearm. She quickly pulled down her sleeve.

"Thanks." Fae said for all of them and they turned to leave.

"Wait, Bella, can I talk to you?" I said.

She looked nervous and her eyes got wide but she nodded and told her friends she'd be with them in a minute.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"I saw your wrist, and I know you've probably heard this before, but you should really try to stop that. I know how you feel and I know its hard, but don't do this to yourself, please, nothing is worth hurting yourself over." I felt myself start to cry.

"I know, I've been trying. I relapsed last night. i'm trying, really. its hard."

"Trust me, I know. Just keep trying. If you ever need anything, call me or text me. i'll answer." I said, writing down my number on a tissue and giving it to her. She nodded and I hugged her and said I'd talk to her later.

I rushed back to the stage.

"Sorry I took so long! " I said as I started playing Say Something.

'Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'll be the one, if you want me to

Anywhere, I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small

it was over my head

I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall

I'm still learning to love

Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

Anywhere, I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride

You're the one that I love

And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

And anywhere, I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something'

The people left at the bar all clapped and I started gathering up my gear to head back home.

"Hey Sarah. Yeah I just got done. Okay, i'll be there in like 10 minutes. Okay. Love you too."