Attraction

CHAPTER 3

"That's crazy! No way, so you were born here, moved to freaking Australia, and you've come back? Surely the weather was nicer than it is here, well I guess if you're into the cold, damp weather that we have to offer here."

"Yeah, yeah everyone says that. But I like this town, I grew up here...all my family history is here. I felt no connection to Australia, whereas it feels like I was meant to be here, y'know?"

I just looked at him, he was so interesting. It was crazy, I've never been attracted to anyone like I am to him. His intelligence and kind personality shines through, he intrigues me.

"Well I'm not as interesting as you Mr.Gonzalo."

"Oh well I doubt that very much. I'd love to get to know you more, Miss Meyer." He cheekily smiled at me, and we both burst into laughter.

"Hey you giggly lot, having fun?" Gorgie walked up to us half laughing as well

"Well, yes actually" Kai answered before I could, and I was met once again with his gloriously golden eyes looking into my soul, it seemed that intense anyway.

"God, I didn't even realise the time. I've got 5 minutes to get to Chemistry. What class have you got next Kai?"

"Let's have a look, umm - ahh here we go, one of my favourites, History. I'll catch up with you later Luna?"

"I'd love that, I'll see you later."

Gorgie and I started to walk to Chemistry, side by side as we usually do.

"Wow, well that chemistry is just exploding!" Gorgie mocked and gave me a dig with her elbow

"First off, ow! And secondly, would you shut it! Okay, so I am crazily attracted to him, since when has that been a crime?"

"Hey, I didn't say it was a bad thing...it's just really nice to see you smiling again." 

Gorgie and I linked arms and carried on walking to class. Before I knew it, the day was over and it hadn't gone terribly, as I thought it would have done. It was a tradition that we hadn't done in a while, after school every Monday, Gorgie and me would stop off at the Cakes and Shakes Cafe on the corner of the street and get our favourite drinks before heading home, a little Monday treat to get us going for the week. It was so nice to be back to normality, normal is just what I need. 

"Ooh girl, we have been sat here chatting for longer than we normally do! I'm going to have to make a move soon."

"Yea me too G. I'm gonna go pay for the drinks, my treat. I'll be right back."

I wandered up to the counter where you pay and place your order, just waiting to be served when I was tapped on the shoulder and the unexpected happened.

"Hi Loopy Luna, it's me. Your mum."