Chapter 1

Hello! This is my first story that I've ever published! So please read and put comments. If you have critiques, please be helpful ones not just "you suck" or something like that. If this get good feedback, then I'll continue with the story. Enjoy!

Chapter 1

"Hey! Batter batter!" I scream as I attempt to kill this guy's focus at the home plate.

It was the bottom of the ninth and they had 2 outs. From the stats I read, he's good. He plants his right foot harder in the dirt. He tightens his grip on the bat. Our catcher gives the signal.

Uh oh, the striker. We named the pitch that because every time he throws it, it's an automatic strike. It disguises itself as an outside pitch, but at the last minute it curves inside. By the time the batter notices it, it's too late.

The whole field is quiet. I'm holding my breath, with my mitt in my hand and the foot on the first base. Our pitcher goes in position, he steps and swings his arm forward with all of his strength, and releases the ball.

The ball swings outside, the batter curls his lips into a smirk. He falls for it. The ball curves inside feet from the home plate, it swoops past the player's knee, and into the catcher's mitt.

The Umpire gives the sign. "Strike three!"

The players rush towards the pitcher's mound and picks up the pitcher. I take my hat off in disbelief. Another win under our belt.

After the game, I pack up my stuff and put it in my 1975 mustang. Hey it's classic, you can't beat that! I put the key the ignition and drove off. I get home 20 minutes later. I kill the engine, and grabbed my stuff. I took my key out and I unlock the door.

"Hey!! I'm home!!" I shout.

"I'm in the kitchen!" yells my Mom.

I drop my stuff at the door, and go into the kitchen. I grab an apple and hop on the island. Mom scowls at me.

"Samantha how many times I tell you about sitting on the island in your uniform! It mucks it up."

Did I mention that I am a girl? Well you heard my mom, my name is Samantha Watson, but please call me Sam. I live in a small town in Tennessee called Dansville.

Here in Dansville, we love our baseball. So much that we have a parade dedicated to the baseball team. And the crowds we get at our games? Shoot! The titans ain't got nothing on us.

If you didn't pay attention to the beginning, the team was playing against guys because, it's a baseball team. The people don't really believe the girls can be athletic so we have things like a cheer leading team, and a dance team. So if you want to be a an athlete as a girl? That's what we have for you.

So you're asking, how did I get on the baseball team? Well listen up people, I'm going to tell you.

I have been a big fan of baseball since I can walk. My dad would play catch with me, and teach me to play properly. When I was about 5, I told them that I wanted to play baseball. Mom tells me that girls don't play baseball, only boys do. I was furious, it wasn't fair. So I took scissors and cut all of my black hair off. Then I went to my dad and told him that I want to play baseball.

He protests at first, but after some convincing, and hatching a plan, he agrees. The next day, dad takes me to tryouts. I make it of course, so for the whole season, I would pretend that I was a boy, and play.

Then the championship came around, and we had to travel to Nashville which was 4 hours away. I get on the bus and we go to Nashville. The night before the championship, the boys in the hotel room caught me naked, and realized that I was a girl. They ran out of the room so fast, and told the coach.