Chapter 4

Hey peoples! Sorry that I didn't update yesterday. it slipped my mind, I was so busy. So to make it up to you guys,I decided to double update. Enjoy!
I am going to be real. I absolutely have NO idea what to do!
Just when I thought I was going to have it easy this year, some person comes in and is threatening for my position. Ugh!! why!! I need to relax.
I grab my mitt, bat and a bucket of balls, and went outside. I practice my fly balls, and catching. I went to my batting cage.
Dad built on for me when I was 10 years old for my birthday, I've been using it since. I turn on the machine on 80 mph as usual. I hit a few balls, then I decided to turn it up.
From looking, Marcus throws 90 mph, that's pretty fast. I went to the machine and turn it to 90. I sit there waiting.
The ball speeds through the air, and with instinct I barely dodged the ball. That was fast. I miss/dodge more balls. The last one came out, I closed my eyes and swing the bat.
I feel the vibration of a connection. I open them. The ball bounced off the machine. I did it. I smile.
"You should slow the speed down." I turn around.
I find Marcus in his car, looking at me. Annoyed, I run my fingers through my hair. "What do you want? And are you stalking me?"
He doubles over laughing, I stood there impatiently waiting for an answer. After he finished, he finally answers.
"No I'm not stalking you, I just dropped off this girl,"
I scoffed, man-whore.
"90 mph is too dangerous, you can get hurt." He said with concern. Why he care?
"What speed you put on for comfort?" I asked.
"90 mph, 110 for a challenge, I assume you put on 80 mph." I step back. How he know? The machine resets itself back to zero. Ugh never mind. I put it on 85. I will have to work my way up then.
"That a girl, see ya princess." He waves and speeds off. I screamed in frustration.
Is he better than me in everything in baseball?! The next day, I practiced until I couldn't move, thus on Monday, I could barely walk. I didn't even change into regular clothes. I got my mom to drop me off at school. I slumped to my locker, and took my junk out. On cue, Spencer was next to me.
"What's wrong with you bro?" he asked.
I wave it off. "I practiced my ass off." He nods in understanding.
"So, how are you going to endure practice today?"
I, once again, wave his concern off. "I'm going to be fine dude, don't worry." "Okay suit yourself."
After school, I went into the locker room, and changed into my clothes. I went on the field, and gave my all. Even the coach was impressed. At the end, I confidently walked into the dugout, and listen for the announcement.
"Well guys, do you remember when we all took that trip to Dollywood for you guys to bond?"
I grinned in remembrance, it was the most fun I've ever had. Are we doing it again this year? I smile wider at that thought. However, the coach said something that made me wanted to drive off a cliff.
"I decided that in order for y'all to get along with each other," He said looking straight at me. I rolled my eyes.
"I want Marcus to hang out with each every one of you, the captains however, not only need to hang out with him, but also have him over for dinner."
What! Dinner?! Ugh! Why! I folded my arms and rolled my eyes.
"Do I make myself clear?" Everyone responded, except me.
Coach walked to me and bend down so we see eye to eye. "I said do I make myself clear."
"Yes sir." I mumbled, not looking at him.
After that crap, I stormed off to the locker room. As I was grabbing my stuff, I heard the door open. The cheerleaders' practice isn't over for another 30 minutes. I grabbed my bat and went towards the edge of the lockers. I peered around the corner. There was a person with a hoodie on with their back turned.
Oh no. I have heard of girls getting raped in locker rooms. I crept towards him and lifted up the bat to strike him.
"Die!" I screamed.
He turns around and screams. I stopped with the bat inches from his face. I can see his blue eyes from here. I scoffed. "Marcus!"
I put the bat down. "What are you doing here?! It's the girls locker room!"
"I was waiting for you to come out, but you was taking so long."
"So you thought it was a brilliant idea to walk in the girls locker room willy nilly? I could have been naked!"
"That, I would love to see!" He said looking my up and down. I punch him in the arm.
"Damn you hit hard, but I hit harder." He gives a cheeky smile.
"Ugh! Stop it with the perverted comments! Now what do you need to say to me."
"When are we hanging out?"
I grab my stuff and stomped to the door. He was standing there, waiting for an answer.
"Never." I said coldly.
I turn to walk away, but I felt a hand on my arm. By the sudden warmth on my side of my face, Marcus was by my ear.
"Meet me at the park at 7 pm Friday, dress for the occasion." He whispered. "And if I don't." I said, trying to steady my breathing.
I have only had one boyfriend, and that was freshman year. We went out for three weeks, and he dumped me at a pep rally.
Weird thing was that he never held my hand, kiss me or even talk to me like a normal person at school. Also I never gave him the thing he kept asking about.
So all in all, I have never been this close to a boy. He spun me around to face him. Steadying my breathing just got more difficult, because he is inches from my face.
He smiles, "Then I'll tell the coach, and you'll get kicked off."
Oh crap. I can never forget about the guy who got kicked off the team for being a showboat and a superstar wannabe. Coach was always about chemistry of a team and working together. Imagine what will happen to me if I refuse to participate in this bonding moment. Did I mention that the coach doesn't like me one bit?
I sighed. "Okay, I'll be there."
He released my arm. I quickly walked the other direction.
"It's a date!" He shouted my way.
"In your dreams jerk!" I retorted. I am so going to regret this bull.
Maria--------->