Chapter 7

On Monday, everybody was talking about the party, especially that punch that I threw at that skank. Spencer pulls me to the side before practice.

"What's been going on with you?" He asked. I hugged him and tears start flowing.

"It's been horrible! I was going to have the best senior year, but then this boy moseys in and ruined everything for me!" I muffled in his shirt.

"He takes my spot, my friends, I'm nothing without baseball. He is......is....." I trail off, sobbing.

Spencer rubs my back. "It's alright, you have me and Maria, and the team. It's just that we are not trying to get kicked off."

I wiped my eyes and nose. Spencer looks at me with a blank a expression. "The last time you cried like that was freshman year with that guy...." he trailed off.

His lips curl in a smile. "Samantha Denise Watson, do you like Marcus?".

My mouth gaped open, my cheeks redden. "N-no!I-"

I was cut off by laughter. My whole is like a tomato at this point. Why did I stutter? Spencer is on the ground, laughing. "It's not that funny!"

"It makes so much sense! You get annoyed when you like someone, and by the way you have been acting towards him, you must REALLY like him." He gets up and wipes the tears off his eyes.

"Please don't tell Marcus!" I begged.

"I won't I promise, and I can tell that Marcus likes you too."

A part of me wants to believe Spencer, but another is saying hell no. "Lets get to practice."

He tries to put his arm around my shoulders, but I walked ahead before he could. Spencer, you really suck. I get home, and walk in. mom and dad were in the living room watching the TV, cuddling. I gagged.

"Hey parents!" I said walking upstairs.

"Hold up! Come back here, we have something to tell you." Dad said. I sat on the last step.

"A family is coming over for dinner tonight."

"Who is it?"

"The Stetsons, they just moved here. The mom is my coworker, so I invited her and her son for dinner."

I froze, don't tell it's who I think it is. I shake it off, it's probably another stetson family.

"They're coming at 7:00."

"Okay." With that, I walked upstairs. At 6:45, I was laying on my bed, when my mom busted in. geez, she never knocks. Mom gives me a disappointed look.

"Young lady, why aren't you dressed?"

I take my eyes off my TV. "Because I don't want to sit down there with them."

"Nope, put on a dress and be downstairs in 5 minutes."

"But-"

"Now!!" And she walks out.

I put on a pair of black jeans, a cold play concert t-shirt, and some socks. I walked downstairs.

Mom was setting up the table, dad was on the phone, and Thomas was watching TV. I sit by Thomas, and put on Candy Crush. Just when I finally was about to beat level 175, the doorbell rings.

"Samantha get the door!"

I went to the door and opened up. There stood a woman who look like she is in her late 30s, she has brown hair and brown eyes. Very tall, and beautiful!

"Hello, welcome." I managed to finally say.

I look at Marcus, he was staring me down. I glared at him.