Chapter 5

Yep, as I said I will,and I did it. I doubled updated.

I arrive at Maria's house. I decided I needed some girl time. I go to the door and knocked on it. Her dad opens it. Thank god! I get along with her dad. He and I are peeps.

"Hey man, I'm here for Maria." I said.

Mr . Frierson frowns. "When are we going to hang out again."

"We are hanging out now." I said.

He ruffles my hair. "Just go upstairs."

I get to her room, files and papers were spread all over the bed. I push some to the side to make room for myself.

"Wow," I said, surprised, "Nice job Maria."

I grabbed his school records and look through it.

Besides detention for calling his math teacher "a dumb bitch", he has a pretty clean record. No suspensions, no expulsions, he made the principal's list. I looked at his attendance record, that's odd.

He was absent for two weeks, why is that? I put that down.

"Anything on his family?" I ask. " No siblings. He has a mom who is a teacher at the elementary school, no sign of a dad."

For some reason that stuck to me. "Is his father dead?"

Maria shook her head, "No records showing a parent being deceased."

What happened to his father?

"Any prison records?" "Nope"

I was disappointed, I wanted a pretty bad record, but he's perfect. I sigh in defeat.

"Yes, yes very good. Now lets get these together and put them in the suitcase."

I got a suitcase, it looked more professional. I need to know what am I against. Yeah sure, it looks like level 1000 stalking, but I will do anything to keep my spot on the team.

I went home and looked at the rest of the files and papers. Most are newspaper clippings about awards he got.

He was on the hottest bachelor(cue eye roll) on school's newspaper in Mecatown High. Crap! There has to be something that this boy has done. Or maybe he's running away from something or.....someone.

His dad? Where did his dad go? Why the two week absence? I would rack my brain about it, but I'm going to bed because I am tired. The rest of the week, slowly but surely, Marcus became popular among the school.

The whole team became friends with him, even Spencer is hanging out with him. On Friday, I sat in Math taking notes, when I felt something bump me, it was a rolled up piece of paper. I looked beside me, Marcus pretended to be paying attention. I shake my head. What are we in the 3rd grade now?

I picked up and read it: you look pretty today.

I blushed, did he just call me pretty? I think I'm not bad looking, Black hair down my back, green eyes, but I wouldn't classify myself as pretty. Nobody has never called me pretty before.

I was about to say thanks when I got another ball.

I picked it up and scanned it: psych!!.

Unbelievable.

I threw the balls at him and punched him in the shoulder.

"Jerk" I mumbled. The bell rings.

"What was that for?!" Marcus yells.

"Screw You!"

"At the park? Naughty Sam." he said.