ONE

It was done. The curse was broken and as Klaus awoke from his shift, he felt rather renewed. The fact that this finally completed, the curse that had been ruining his life for centuries now was finally gone made him feel mad with power. As he stared at the sun with a smile, a pair of clothes was thrown his way. He looked up, eyes finding Elijah who stood displeased. Klaus didn't really care, however. It wasn't like he had asked for his brother to be here.

"You've been busy." He spoke briskly, avoiding his younger brother. He didn't care to look at him in this state. 

"That was amazing. How long has it been?" Klaus cautiously stood, clothes in hand. He couldn't think well, not knowing what was going on in his brother's mind. He had just tried to kill him for breaking the curse after all.

"Almost 2 days. The full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." Klaus broke into a grin, eyes brightened with mischief and joy. It worked then. He really broke the curse. Then it dawned on him. She was awake now. His usually cold heart thumped louder in his chest but he calmed himself down quick as ever. Life was a game after all and for him to win then nobody must know his true intentions for breaking the curse.

"I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill." He spoke calmly, finishing up putting his clothes on and grinning to himself. Not even Elijah had figured it out, found out why he was so hellbent on the curse, why the same day their mother died she fell into a sleep that he knew was his own fault. Maybe that's why he was a twisted bastard now. He had lost the one person he truly cared about.

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way." The way that Elijah spoke gave off a sense of all knowing and that made Klaus turn to face him. His face contorted to a grin. How wonderful.

"Just like old times, brother." He said, patting him on the back merrily. This was the happiness that hadn't been seen in Klaus since they were humans. 

"You've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Elijah, always the man of honor wasn't he? This was all a risk yet his foolish brother believed in keeping your word and making everything right. As if they, weren't the abominations of the world that had ruined the balance forever.

"That's right. Now, what was it again? Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family." He said rather agitatedly. Perhaps this would get him off his trail. Though he knew Elijah to be persistent.

"You gave me your word, Niklaus," Elijah said, warning him with a look of disapproval.

"What kind of brother would break his bond? Even though you did try to kill me." A pointed look was shot Elijah's way, guilt meant to be shot there yet there was none on his face.

"I could have. But I didn't."

"And now no one can, not even you. Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven."

"Where are they?"

"You need to lighten up. I'll bring you to them soon enough." Klaus said with a smirk.

"Aurora would be proud of you for this." His brother said quietly, noticing how Klaus stiffened at the mere mention of her.

"I'm not sure she would." He answered as he fixed his jacket and began his walk to find his true love again. Exactly where he had left her with the people she loved.

Little did he know she had already been found. The girl, who hadn't changed since she was first put to sleep, was wandering towards Wickery Bridge when a cop stopped her. The blonde lady looked conflicted by this.

Maybe it was the fact she was in an ancient dress, one with many and many layers and dust speckled with maybe just a little bit of dirt covering her body. She was stiffly moving and Sheriff Forbes was cautious. The stiff movements were one thing but the somewhat ancient look to this girl was worrying her even more. Was she a vampire? One of the original vampires like Klaus?

"Miss, are you alright?" She asked and caught a strange look from the brunette. She was looking around with wide eyes and the Sheriff was distracted for a moment by how sad and wise her eyes looked.

"I... I am not sure. Where am I, miss?" Aurora said, looking fearful for her life. "I keep seeing these things go by... they look horrid, like carriages and I'm quite frightened." She spoke fearfully, leaning in for a moment. "I'm terrified, miss."

"Cars?" At the girl's confusion, Liz looked around somewhat nervously. "You're in Mystic Falls. Are you okay?" When she reached forward to touch the girl's shoulder, she flinched.

"I should be." A thought dawned on her as her eyes reignited with excitement. "Have you seen my friends? They should be nearby!" She looked around, remembering everything from her childhood. "Finn, Elijah, Rebekah, Kol? Maybe Esther and Mikael?" There was a dubious look shot at the hopeful girl. "Or Niklaus? The Mikaelson family." She finished, eyes wide with hope and Liz felt bad. This girl didn't seem like the 'blood-sucking demon freaks with an accent like they're high and mighty' that Damon had said the Originals were. In fact, she seemed somewhat clueless.

"Come with me, we can talk about your friends at the station. What's your name?" Liz was more tired of this vampire bullshit then interested in the girl.

"Aurora Darling, miss. Pleasure to meet you." The girl curtsied a bit before jumping after the blonde. "What's a station?" There was an audible heave from the women as she felt this was going to be a common occurrence with Aurora, despite her naive and excited look.

Miles away, where his coffins were safely hidden, Klaus threw open the doors. His grin was full of mischief and joy, he would have her back at his side. Aurora was his better half, the one he knew was there for him and his family. Now that would be back.

"Aurora love? I've come for you, I think it's time we talk." He spoke, smiling as he passed each coffin. "It's been a while and I've been waiting to see you open those beautiful brown eyes." He approached the softer silver coffin, smiling as he ran his hand over the handle. "And now I can finally kiss you again. Like the old days." He murmured to himself, opening it.

For miles, there was an angered howl as the boy felt more pain than he had in years. His mate, his one true love, was gone from where had put her years ago and that meant hell would rain down on this town until he found her. Klaus would feed on, maim, kill, slaughter, torture whoever it took to find Aurora. That was a fact. Even if it meant killing everyone in Mystic Falls. He would get his lover back, no matter what it took.