Chapter 17: Signal Sounds

The day has finally arrived. The students of Signal were all waiting for their rightful shadowing person. They were had their luggage and weapons close to them. The students chatted amongst their peers about how amazing the school is compared to Signal. In two years they would be able to attend the prestigious school Beacon Academy.

The doors of the ballroom kept on opening and closing as the team leaders made their way inside. Some team leaders had already met and paired up with their student they would be shadowing.

And then there was one, Ruby Rose. Ruby had decided to wear her Slayer outfit for this day. She walked briskly through the halls and into the ballroom. Right away the person who she is to shadow drew all of her attention. "Ariel." She says.

Ariel, a chestnut brown haired girl standing at 5'4" with wide framed glasses and blue eyes, eyes that matched Weiss' held a lengthy sword on her back turned around to meet the gazes of silver.

"Ruby!" Ariel cheered. "Ruby, it's been so long!" She ran towards her temporary partner and took her in for a tight embrace.

"It has, Ariel. It has." Ruby says while patting Ariel gently on the back. Ruby starred at her brunette friend's features for a moment noting that her friend had gotten herself some piercings. She had the left side of her nostril pierced and spider bites on the right side of her lips.

"Nice piercings." Ruby complimented with a smile.

"Thank you." Ariel blushed slightly and turned her head down to stare at her shoes.

The two made their way out of the ballroom speaking to each other only at a volume they could hear. Ruby brought her to the stairs and showed her some of the rooms that held her classes. The first one she introduced Ariel to was the training grounds, Ruby's favorite class taught by Miss Glynda Goodwitch.

She led Ariel to her dorm room and introduced her to her teammates. She went stood besides her team. "Ariel, we make team RWBY. To my left here is Weiss, Weiss Schnee. Sound familiar? I had no idea who she was." Ruby said with a laugh.

"Yes, of course! Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company!"

"At your service, Ariel." Weiss responded and shook Ariel's hand.

"Weiss is my partner. Now, to my right is, you already know, Yang!"

"Hello~!" Yang sang.

"Yang, so good to see you in person! Ruby always talks about you!"

"And last of all, here is Blake!" Ruby says guesting to Blake. "She's a cool cat." Ruby said with a large grin that only earned her a death stare from Blake and a nudge at her rib by Weiss because of the lame joke. Her sister Yang held in her snicker.

"And well, this is my awesome team. Not sure what I would do without them. But for now, let's keep going."

_______________________________________

Ruby had shown Ariel all around through the classes she has. And from showing her where their lockers were, the gym, the school's kitchen, the courtyard, and the courts they had outside for sports and library. During the tour around campus, Ruby's voice was draining. She had to explain all the things she knew of each area, which were all very simple things, but in between she would tell Ariel about her practices with aura, the missions her team had gone on and so forth. The more she thought about it, the tour probably wouldn't need a week, but some of the halls were so long and there had to lunch breaks, dinner, and just a break from the tour in general. Ruby felt more tired of showing around campus than when fighting grimm which definitely required a lot more energy. The school was maybe could've been half a week's worth of a tour if each tour didn't have to begin after class would end. The rooms she had yet to show Ariel were the music rooms which she wanted to save for last.