CHAPTER 4

I sat on the couch as everyone else laid in their bed, sleeping soundly; I stood up, stretched and walked around, admiring the house that they had inhabited "it's so big..." I whispered to myself as I walked into the Library.

I walked past the rows and rows of shelves and more shelves of books, brushing my fingertips against the rims and reading the labels to see what they were into reading. Well, to see what Stefan was into reading. Damon was never really the reading type. "Admiring the house?" I heard Damon speak "just because Stefan is asleep and I'm bored doesn't mean I'm going to cuddle up to you and talk about love and life." I said spinning around on my heel to look at him and placing my hand on my hip, "Lex-Lucifer please.." He sighed "Damon, What happened was a long time ago. We will never be the same as we were when we were younger between 1840-1854.. After that night in 1855 I vowed to not remember you. Like you were a stranger.. But let's try to start new shall we? For Stefan's sake." I said as I walked past him, tapping his chest with my hand as I made my way back to the lounge "you know what? Fuck it." He said to himself making me raise an eyebrow "Fuck what?" I spoke up turning around back to face him "Fuck what happened years ago, we can never be the same but I know you felt something for me and I felt something for you too." He said standing taller than ever, more confident and proud. Since I got here he was always slouching and barely looked me in the eye, now his eyes are basically demanding eye contact. "what are you proposing?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow intrigued of what idea he had in his mind. My question was answered only by one thing, he sped forward to me using his vampire speed and kissed my lips pushing me against the wall. "This doesn't mean anything.." I mumbled as I kissed him back "yeah whatever.." He smiled to himself as he lifted me up and sped to his bedroom..

*NEXT MORNING*

I woke up hours ago, Damon is still asleep. And I have never felt so weird; yeah we had sex but that's not the point. He has a girlfriend and last night was basically just 'take my mind off Elena' sex, I don't like being used. I drank my coffee and sat on the kitchen counter contemplating my choices "since when were you an early bird?" Stefan chuckled as he walked in the kitchen and started pouring himself a cup of coffee "I couldn't sleep too well" I stated simply "yeah I could hear." He smirked leaning against the counter opposite me and looked at me while wiggling his eyebrows "oh god you didn't..." I cringed "oh I did indeed" he started to laugh "oh shut up" I also started to laugh.
"it didn't mean anything anyway.." I mumbled as I took another sip of my coffee "well it is Damon." He smiled while shrugging "I'm going to see this Enzo person today" I said as I jumped off the counter "what? Why??" He said following me to the lounge again (I swear I live in that lounge room) "I feel like I may know him.." I said as I put my jacket on "okay, make sure you're safe." He says as he gave me a brief hug "I will Stef don't worry so much" I smiled hugging back "I'll see you later" I said leaving.

I walked into the Mystic Grill, being informed by Matt (who is one of Stefan's friends) that Enzo was currently there. I walked inside scanning the area and took my now kinda reserved seat, well, Damon's seat. He regularly sits there apparently which I was informed about when I sat there when I first walked in, what can I say it's a nice seat!

I scanned around the bar to try and find Enzo...

*FLASHBACK*

>> Enzo's apartment 1863

It was a bright summers morning, the sun shone through the gap in the curtains and it was metaphorically burning my face off. I groaned as I turned over in bed, in need of getting away from the sun, but suddenly my eyes widening as I found myself naked beneath the duvet "oh my mother will not be happy about this..." I whispered to myself "and why would that be gorgeous?" The handsome and British male gazed at me as he squinted his eyes because of the sunlight blazing in. "My mother won't be happy that I have not returned home after betraying her rules and leaving home in the first place." I said while resting my head on his chest "I'm sure she will be fine" he smiles as he moved a piece of hair away from my face "believe me Lorenzo-" "please call me Enzo" he interrupted "okay, believe me you do not know my mother" I chuckled sitting up and closing the curtain "leaving already?" He asked as if he was shocked, and maybe even a little bit sad "I do not wish for my mother to kill me Enzo." I chuckled, wrapping the duvet around my body as I looked around for my clothes "what if she knew you had a man in your life?" He raised an eyebrow "Enzo you are not 'my man'. We've just had some fun once or twice-" "more than once or twice" he smirked as I rolled my eyes while getting dressed "and you and I both seem to enjoy it" he said also while smirking.

"You know.." He said as he pushed me up against the wall, I gasped "you look better without those clothes than with them.." He smirked "such compliments" I smiled pushing him away "what can I say? You are beautiful." He said as he puts his hands up in surrender and went off to put his shirt on. "I must be going" I said and he nodded "hopefully I will see you again..." He smiled "me too." I smiled back before I left his apartment.

*MODERN DAY*

>> Mystic Grill 2016

"Hello gorgeous.." I heard come from behind me "I knew it." I smiled as I spun around on my chair only to meet the eyes of my past lover, Lorenzo. "Who knew that I would see you again here.. After almost 100 years..." He smiled as he walked closer to me "well I did say that you would see me again." I stood up from my chair "I would've loved it if it was sooner.." He mumbled as he pushed me against that bar, his hands on either side of me holding onto the bar counter, our faces now inches away from each other and his body pressed firmly onto mine "you didn't call." I smirked "telephones didn't exist at that time love" he said as his eyes bore into mine "I'm sure you didn't miss me that much Lorenzo..." I said while I was admiring his face "it's Enzo" he chuckled "and I did miss you Lexi, more than you know.." He spoke, I reached my hand to the back of his neck and pulled him towards me, I leaned into his ear "I know" I chuckled as I pushed him away from me.

"You know my childhood friends and friends of this time are not a fan of you, you've been described as quite the back stabber." I stated as we shared a bottle of whiskey "Ah, the Salvatore's and Bonnie I'm expecting" he chuckled at my statement "indeed. And the Enzo I knew from years ago was far from a back stabber" I said "well the Enzo you knew has gone. And has been gone for years." He stated looking at me "I gathered." I said as I rolled my eyes and standing up from my seat "where are you going?" He asked standing up also "As the Enzo I knew has disappeared, it seems I have been talking to a stranger for a couple of hours. I shall be going now." I said as I made my way around the chair I was sitting on without falling over and past him and starting to walk away "Lexi! I didn't mean it like that.." He said grabbing hold of my hand causing me to stop in my tracks "Ever since Augustine.. I have changed. In many ways.. But the Enzo you knew and still know. Is still me." He said holding my hand "I'll see you soon Enzo." I smiled as I walked out of the Grill.

>> Back at the Salvatore Boarding house

I walked back inside of the house to find almost everyone there, staring at me as I entered the room they were sat in "what's going on?" I raised my eyebrow at them "what's going on with you and Enzo." Damon said with a straight face, standing up and crossing his arms "everyone has a past Damon." I rolled my eyes "tell us." Damon said again "and why should I tell you what happened? Cause I had sex with you?" I said putting my hand on my hip "you two what?!" Bonnie exclaimed "long story Bonnie" I smiled "no. Because I want to know." Damon said, evidently getting angry "I'll tell you when I'm ready Damon." I said walking past him and sitting on the couch next to Stefan "yeah Damon let's leave it. You can't force her to say anything." Stefan said "oh shut up Stefan you don't know her as much as I do." Damon rolled his eyes as he poured himself his most probable 100th glass of bourbon "Oh really? And how much do you know me? Sure. We were both born the same year and Stefan is younger than us. But I didn't argue with him. We wrote to each other for a while. Damon you don't know me at all.. We were best friends. Not anymore." I stated as I got up and started making my way up to Stefan's room.

I entered and grabbed my bags from his closet "where are you going?!" Damon and Stefan say in unison as they followed me "Obviously me living here is causing confrontation. Damon, I will talk to you. But not now, clearly you are going through some things that you can't handle especially if someone: AKA me, is here to whom you haven't spoke to for almost 150 years. I wish we could be friends Damon.. But your making it hard for the both of us.." I said, hugging the both of them before I left. "I'm only doing this because I love you..." I heard Damon whisper..